Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Supplements with new rules?

  • Fabrício César Franco
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 15 7:24 AM
      And following the footsteps of jaerdaph, on my blog I started discussing new specialties and powers too, with suggestions on how to apply them in your games.

      By the way, how would you, fellow members of this list, classify the following comic book characters' powers:
      • Marvel Comics' Speedball: just Leaping? specific Force Field? totally new Speedball Force?
      • Marvel Comics' Taskmaster: Power Duplication limited to Coordination? totally new Reflex Memory?
      • Marvel Comics' Cypher: enhanced Intellect limited to Language? totally new Linguistics?
      • Marvel Comics' Marrow: Extra Body Parts' Carapace? specific Blast? totally new Bone Growth?
      • Marvel Comics' Collective Man and New Universe PsiHawk: totally new Gestalt?
      • Marvel Comics' Avalanche: Earth Control limited to quakes? totally new Earthquake?
      • Marvel Comics' 2099 Krystallin: totally new Crystal Control?
      Fabrício
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 15 8:34 AM
        I think it has been mentioned elsewhere, but it would be nice (after Team-Up comes out) to have a new random character generation system that doesn't do substitution, it just includes everything as possibilities--both Teleportation and Transit are on it, for instance.

        It would have to be restricted to only Adamant products, of course, because one could go mad otherwise. (But then we could ask Dan Gallant to add a toggle for substituted versus non-substituted versions to the Folio.)

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 15 8:39 AM
          Just to add:

          Not to diss what we've already got: just want to make clear that I think what we have is already a fantabulous deal, and Adamant (in the sense of both Gareth and Steve) has gone well beyond what they had to do.

          But as long as I'm wishing....

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 15 9:02 AM
            Man, do I feel out of touch. I've only even heard of the first two, and couldn't tell you why Speedball isn't a standard speedster.

            Not on your list, but I suddenly thought of the LSH's Bouncing Boy: and I'd probably define that as leaping, but he can substitute his ranks of "leaping" for his Strength in determining the damage of an attack. (I briefly considered using the Fast Attack Chart for ranks of Leaping and number of ricochets, but that doesn't really model the comics; it might model how many people he can attack at once, though.)

            Sorry I can't help.

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 15 9:09 AM
              John,

              I should have included Bouncing Boy, but he was more clearly defined, in my point of view, concerning his powers; Speedball has that strange field around him, which some authors have defined as Kinetic Field Control (a form of Telekinesis, could we say?).

              Fabrício

              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 15 12:58 PM
                I think you're excluding a lot of quality work if you exclude third party publishers.

                But, I'm biased :)

                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 15 2:32 PM
                  Heck, if I wanted to do the work, I'd do everybody I'd heard of. (Uh--that sounded wrong, but you know what I mean.)

                  But if I'm suggesting that Gareth or Steve do the work in his non-existent free time? I'm happy to provide a limitation. :)

                  John

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 15 2:48 PM
                    Ideally, I'd love to see the next iteration of the Character Folio allow you to add your own powers in, like you can do with Aspects and Specialties now. :)