Adding more dice to ICONS

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2012
      One of the things I've been thinking about is adding more dice to ICONS. Not because this adds to the randomness (though that's a side effect) but because rolling more dice is more fun.

      I don't want to add more dice in a way that significantly slows down play. Counting x dice and adding the values is relatively quick: making a decision for each die (as in MHR) is potentially not.

      Already thought of:

      - use fudge dice

      - use power ranks as # of dice to roll

      Ideas?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2012
        If you go with Fudge dice you probably need to consider recalibrating the Moderate/Major/Massive success scale. I think that's the main thing to look out for. Sure the probabilities are different, but I suspect not to the point you'd actually notice in play.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com