Immunity or Invulnerability

  • Fabrício César Franco
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2012
      In the Core book, it states that when a character is immune, it is completely immune to a particular type of effect or attack. The Core book also states that when a character has invulnerability, it is resistant to physical damage, subtracting your Invulnerability level from the damage caused by an attack, which may reduce it to 0 or less, meaning you suffer no damage.That said, my question is: is it correct to think that a character like Mon-El or Superman should have Immunity to Cold, Pressure, Radiation and Vacuum, as well as Invulnerability (for other kinds of attack)?

      A bit confused here...

      Fabrício
    • Cameron Mount
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2012
        I think that's how I'd do it.

        On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

        In the Core book, it states that when a character is immune, it is completely immune to a particular type of effect or attack. The Core book also states that when a character has invulnerability, it is resistant to physical damage, subtracting your Invulnerability level from the damage caused by an attack, which may reduce it to 0 or less, meaning you suffer no damage.That said, my question is: is it correct to think that a character like Mon-El or Superman should have Immunity to Cold, Pressure, Radiation and Vacuum, as well as Invulnerability (for other kinds of attack)?

        A bit confused here...

        Fabrício

      • mama_mame
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2012
          I'd also add that it may change depending on the version of the Superman we're talking about. Superman in current New 52 continuity cannot survive in space (yet).

          Neither could the Animated Series version, without a ship and breathing mask.

          I take it we're talking about point-buy versions. :)

          Dan