Re: Alternate Form (Energy Form) question

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2012
      I would say no because Alternate Form powers give you Invulnerability plus a movement power, but I would rule that you could pick a related Elemental Control power as a bonus power even though that is not explicitly stated in the description for Alternate Form.

      jaerdaph

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

      > Hello, everyone!
      >
      > When a character has Alternate Form and this is an Energy Form, would it be
      > right to assume your hero gains that form of Energy Control?
      >
      > Fabrício Franco

    • Fabrício César Franco
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2012
        So, to a character who is made of Energy (whatever type), his attack and defense capabilities originated from this kind of Energy (Absorption, Create Energy and Blast come to mind right now) must be rolled or point-bought separately (or as you cleverly stated, picked up as a bonus power)? Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) would be very expensively built, then...

        Fabrício

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2012
          Elemental Control only gets "expensive" if you want more than two power effects from the list (you have to take additional ones as bonus powers). I would also house rule that having Alternate Form gives you the Creating power effect for Elemental Control automatically. That's what I did for my character Desert Storm (who is made of sand and has both Alternate Form and Elemental Control) and appears in ICONS Hero Pack 1. Creating lets you spontaneously create an unlimited source of your chosen element, otherwise you are limited to whatever amount of the element is available in the environment.

          jaerdaph

          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

          > So, to a character who is made of Energy (whatever type), his attack and
          > defense capabilities originated from this kind of Energy (Absorption,
          > Create Energy and Blast come to mind right now) must be rolled or
          > point-bought separately (or as you cleverly stated, picked up as a bonus
          > power)? Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) would be very expensively built,
          > then...
          >
          > Fabrício
          >
          > 2012/6/7 jaerdaph <jjbardales@...>
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I would say no because Alternate Form powers give you Invulnerability plus
          > > a movement power, but I would rule that you could pick a related Elemental
          > > Control power as a bonus power even though that is not explicitly stated in
          > > the description for Alternate Form.
          > >
          > > jaerdaph
          > >

          > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello, everyone!
          > > >
          > > > When a character has Alternate Form and this is an Energy Form, would it
          > > be
          > > > right to assume your hero gains that form of Energy Control?
          > > >
          > > > Fabrício Franco

        • Fabrício César Franco
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2012
            I was reading such book a while back, Joe. And contemplating Desert Storm as a model for an Alternate Form-powered character. Still, it makes great sense to have, at least, a couple of Elemental Control bonus powers associated to an Energy-based character.
            Thanks for the input.

            Fabrício