Re: [icons-rpg] Is it true?

  • David Andrews
    Message 1 of 30 , May 22 6:42 PM
      They're not just dead, they're undead!!

      Releasing product from beyond the grave!!
      .
      .
      .
      Or would that be Eden Studios? They do have a zombie RPG after all.

      On 23 May 2012 02:40, Gerry <urbwarzine@...> wrote:

      Adamant has a page on Goggle +, and irrc, Facebook. Gareth has a twitter account and G+. I suspect those are updated more frequently than the website.

      As I posted on that thread on rpg.net. we've had 2 ICONS adventures released in the last month, so if Adamant released 2 adventures, how are they supposedly dead?

    • Cameron Mount
      Message 2 of 30 , May 22 6:45 PM
        Well, if you're at all interested in Mutants and Masterminds (or just want to discuss superheros in general, or see how different people build different characters), then you have to add www.atomicthinktank.com to your list of places to visit.

        On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

        I go there (RPG.net) for the lack of other places/websites to look for Icons/general superhero RPG info. If any of you know other websites, please show me the links. They are more than welcome.

        Fabrício Franco

        2012/5/22 Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>

        And a Twitter Post from 8 days ago about FarWest is on the main page of the Adamant's website.

        Like Gerry noted, rpg.net tends to be extremely over-the-top and hyperbolic. Enough so that I don't visit there unless I'm looking for something specifically (like the thread Fabricio mentioned).

        On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM, David Andrews <blaster219@...> wrote:

        Latest update on Adamant's G+ page is dated 14 May (about Far West)

        Latest update on GMS' G+ profile is dated 15 May

        .

        __,_

      • Fabrício César Franco

          Message 4 of 30 , May 22 7:10 PM
            I don't talk about ICONS at lot, but almost two years ago I did post the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on my blog:

[...]

            No virus found in this message.

          • Fabrício César Franco
            Message 5 of 30 , May 22 7:14 PM
              I always visit your blog, Tommy, in hopes of finding information about superheroes (and Marvel Saga, chiefly, because I know you share my love for the game). Although I'm not a big fan of TMNT, I liked a lot seeing what you did with their stats.

              Fabrício Franco

              2012/5/22 Tommy Brownell <tommyb@...>

[...]

              Recent Activity:
              .

              __,_._,__
            • Gareth-Michael Skarka
              Message 6 of 30 , May 22 8:32 PM
                Fabricio--

                No, it's not true.

                Yes, Team-Up is late. Life happens, I'm afraid.

                It will be out in June.

                The rest? Just the usual RPGNet nonsense.

                -G

                Message 7 of 30 , May 22 8:48 PM
                  On 5/22/2012 10:32 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka wrote:
                  > Fabricio--
                  >
                  > No, it's not true.
                  >
                  > Yes, Team-Up is late. Life happens, I'm afraid.
                  >
                  > It will be out in June.
                  >
                  > The rest? Just the usual RPGNet nonsense.
                  >
                  > -G

                  "Nothing new! We must give up on this game forever!"

                  I've been playing MSH since the 80's, its not had anything new since
                  91/92..:D
                • Curt Meyer
                  Message 8 of 30 , May 22 8:54 PM
                    I empathize with Gareth. Life does happen.

                    Sent from my iPad

                    Message 9 of 30 , May 22 10:13 PM
                      +1 What Gerry said. Also, I have never seen any of those individuals proclaiming ICONS dead in that thread participate in an ICONS discussion at RPGNet or elsewhere ever, not a once. And you guys know I know that too because you've seen how OCD I am about tagging ICONS threads all over the Internet and culling ICONS advice for the Rules Clarification document I put together. :) Also, one of them in particular who shall remain nameless seems to only exist at RPGNow to doom & gloom and rain on the parades of others anyway, so he must have smelled fresh blood or thought he had an easy target or something. He thought wrong.

                      ICONS Fans, ASSEMBLE!

                      :)

                      Peace, Love and ICONS 4-EVER - EXCELSIOR!

                      jaerdaph

                      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Gerry <urbwarzine@...> wrote:

                      > You really shouldn't believe stuff you read on RPG.net. People there (and other forums) love to immediately claim something is "dead" simply because something is overdue.
                    • Walt
                      Message 10 of 30 , May 22 10:24 PM
                        Somebody should preposterous Mr Bardales' post to RPG net as a response... I would but I'm too busy dreaming up the next big ICONS release.

                        Regards
                        Walt

                        Message 11 of 30 , May 22 10:29 PM
                          Oops - that should say RPGNet, not RPGNow.

                          Joe

                          Message 12 of 30 , May 22 10:39 PM
                            Thanks to RPGNet, I have honed this ability that I like to call PLAYDAR. It's kind of like GAYDAR, except it allows me to tell if somebody posting actually actively plays the game they are talking about or if they just collect a lot of games but still like to tell people actually playing the game and the folks that publish the game "U R DOING IT WRONG" anyway.

                            :D

                            jaerdaph

                            Message 13 of 30 , May 22 11:32 PM
                              That was supposed to say somebody should post ... not preposterous... last time. I go yahoo on a droid

                              Message 14 of 30 , May 22 11:39 PM
                                My Droid phone has that feature too - auto (in)correct. :)

                                Message 15 of 30 , May 23 3:33 AM
                                  I think it's all been said already but, yeah, as a general principle never believe anything you read on the Internet unless you have good reason to trust the source.

                                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 30 , May 23 3:44 AM
                                    Gareth,

                                    Thank you for the info. Life has this bad habit of intruding in our dreams when we least expect it. May you have the strength and patience to endure it.

                                    Folks,

                                    Thanks for the preaching, ops, info (just kidding, thanks indeed for the advice). That's what I said before: I'm not so avid a fan like jaerdaph, who goes culling each and every piece of information about Icons, but I'm close. I try to keep me informed but it's hard, not knowing the right sources (even the wiki is a bit too calm: I posted a question days ago and no one replied) to look up. That's why I resort on this list: the best source around about Icons.

                                    Fabrício Franco

                                    To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 30 , May 23 5:44 AM
                                      Like Abraham Lincoln said, "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."

                                      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                                      > Gareth,
                                      >
                                      > Thank you for the info. Life has this bad habit of intruding in our dreams
                                      > when we least expect it. May you have the strength and patience to endure
                                      > it.
                                      >
                                      > Folks,
                                      >
                                      > Thanks for the preaching, ops, info (just kidding, thanks indeed for the
                                      > advice). That's what I said before: I'm not so avid a fan like jaerdaph,
                                      > who goes culling each and every piece of information about Icons, but I'm
                                      > close. I try to keep me informed but it's hard, not knowing the right
                                      > sources (even the wiki is a bit too calm: I posted a question days ago and
                                      > no one replied) to look up. That's why I resort on this list: the best
                                      > source around about Icons.
                                      >
                                      > Fabrício Franco
                                      >

                                      > 2012/5/23 Soylent Green <gsoylent@...>
                                      >
                                      > > **
                                      > >

                                      > > I think it's all been said already but, yeah, as a general principle
                                      > > never believe anything you read on the Internet unless you have good reason
                                      > > to trust the source.
                                      > >
                                      > > ------------------------------
                                      > > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                      > > From: fabfranco@...
                                      > > Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 01:15:58 +0000
                                      > > Subject: [icons-rpg] Is it true?
                                      > >

                                      > > I've come across a post on RPG.net forum that says that Icons (as well
                                      > > as other RPG lines of product from Adamant) is dead. Some people claimed
                                      > > the website has been off since the beginning of April and there are no
                                      > > signs of Team-Up (as well as other RPG books from Adamant).
                                      > >
                                      > > Can anybody say anything about it, confirming or denying?
                                      > >
                                      > > Fabrício Franco
                                      > >

                                      > > Reply to sender<gsoylent@...?subject=RE%3A%20%5Bicons-rpg%5D%20Is%20it%20true%3F>| Reply
                                      > > to group<icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com?subject=RE%3A%20%5Bicons-rpg%5D%20Is%20it%20true%3F>| Reply
                                      > > 25)
                                      > > Recent Activity:

                                      > > 3

                                      > > Switch to: Text-Only<icons-rpg-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery+Format:+Traditional>,
                                      > > Daily Digest<icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email+Delivery:+Digest>•
                                      > > of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
                                      > > .
                                      > >
                                      > > __,_.

                                    • Walt
                                      Message 18 of 30 , May 23 7:10 AM

                                        Message 19 of 30 , May 23 8:20 AM
                                          Walt, did you just Tag my epithet quality "The Preposterous Mr. Bardales"? :)

                                          jaerdaph

                                          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Walt" <kroh01@...> wrote:

                                          > Somebody should preposterous Mr Bardales' post to RPG net as a response... I would but I'm too busy dreaming up the next big ICONS release.
                                          >
                                          > Regards
                                          > Walt
                                        • Walt
                                          Message 20 of 30 , May 23 1:51 PM
                                            That should read the Post -tastic Mr Bardales but my Droid hates me