Re: A character a week: This week, Remembrance

    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 11:24 AM
      Very nice. If you weren't limiting the character to 45 points, what specialties would you suggest giving her?

      Message 2 of 3 , May 6 3:00 PM
        If I weren't leaving her open for other GMs?

        Then the backstory would be this: She's an actress, and a tolerable one. She likes the pleasures of the flesh and essentially she's made a certain amount of money but she hasn't really done anything that has improved the world. So (assuming you're going with the ghost interpretation--there are others, as I said) I'd give her specialties that aren't Occult, because at this point in her career, she doesn't know that stuff. (Later, she might have Occult; after she's knocked around a bit. Or, if she were an NPC and the PCs really needed the information, I'd give her occult--but the pure form of her doesn't have it at the beginning of her career.)

        Specialties:
        Acrobatics (because it was gymnastics that got her into acting in the first place)
        Business (because she has invested wisely...too bad all that money went to Bad People for reasons I haven't come up with yet)
        Performance: Acting

        Later in her career, Occult.

        None of them would be better than first level, though: she's not a master at any of them.

        Very nice. If you weren't limiting the character to 45 points, what specialties would you suggest giving her?

        > For what might be a character a week, while I'm not playing ICONS. Here's a very brief writeup for my version of a DEADMAN character, REMEMBRANCE.
        >
        > Remembrance
        > Carolina Jones
        > Transformed
        >
        > Prowess  2
        > Coordination  3
        > Strength  3
        > Intellect  3
        > Awareness  4
        > Willpower  7
        >
        > Stamina  10
        > Determination  1
        >
        > Specialties
        > None, to keep her at 45 points.
        >
        > Powers
        >   Astral Projection 7
        >   Possession 7
        >   Postcognition 4
        >   Life Support 5 (Breathing, Eating, Pathogens, Sleeping, Toxins)
        >
        > Qualities
        >   Ghost
        >   Wants justice done

        Challenges
        >   Misses pleasures of the flesh
        >   Doesn't know why she's a ghost
        >   Her possession means that the possessed victim then remembers the worst thing they did or that ever happened to them.
        >

        > Height: 5'6" Weight: 110 lb. First Appearance: Tales to Wonder #17
        >
        > Origin:
        > Killed in a terrorist explosion, Carolyn stayed as a ghost. She doesn't know why she became a ghost and not one of the other 665 victims did.
        >
        > Notes:
        >
        > Stunts: Sometimes stunts Animation off the Possession ("possessing" an object); can stunt Dream Control off the Astral Projection.
        >
        > Flight is already in the description of Astral Projection, so he has the equivalent of Flight at the same level as Astral Projection
        >
        > Note that she assumes she's a ghost; it's astral projection where the body has disappeared. However, she might have a mutant
        ability, or the number of victims might be sufficient, or she might have been chosen by a Being. There are lots of possibilities.

        > Her Life Support really should be higher, but I'm assuming that the Aspect "Ghost" will cover most of them.
        >
        > Point Total  45
        >

        > John McMullen (Searching for a .sig)
        > jhmcmullen@...

        <*> Your email settings: