A character a week: This week, Remembrance

    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2012
      For what might be a character a week, while I'm not playing ICONS. Here's a very brief writeup for my version of a DEADMAN character, REMEMBRANCE.

      Remembrance
      Carolina Jones
      Transformed

      Prowess  2
      Coordination  3
      Strength  3
      Intellect  3
      Awareness  4
      Willpower  7

      Stamina  10
      Determination  1

      Specialties
      None, to keep her at 45 points.

      Powers
        Astral Projection 7
        Possession 7
        Postcognition 4
        Life Support 5 (Breathing, Eating, Pathogens, Sleeping, Toxins)

      Qualities
        Ghost
        Wants justice done

      Challenges
        Misses pleasures of the flesh
        Doesn't know why she's a ghost
        Her possession means that the possessed victim then remembers the worst thing they did or that ever happened to them.

      Height: 5'6" Weight: 110 lb. First Appearance: Tales to Wonder #17

      Origin:
      Killed in a terrorist explosion, Carolyn stayed as a ghost. She doesn't know why she became a ghost and not one of the other 665 victims did.

      Notes:
      Stunts: Sometimes stunts Animation off the Possession ("possessing" an object); can stunt Dream Control off the Astral Projection.

      Flight is already in the description of Astral Projection, so he has the equivalent of Flight at the same level as Astral Projection

      Note that she assumes she's a ghost; it's astral projection where the body has disappeared. However, she might have a mutant ability, or the number of victims might be sufficient, or she might have been chosen by a Being. There are lots of possibilities.

      Her Life Support really should be higher, but I'm assuming that the Aspect "Ghost" will cover most of them.
      Point Total  45

      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2012
        Very nice. If you weren't limiting the character to 45 points, what specialties would you suggest giving her?

        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2012
          If I weren't leaving her open for other GMs?

          Then the backstory would be this: She's an actress, and a tolerable one. She likes the pleasures of the flesh and essentially she's made a certain amount of money but she hasn't really done anything that has improved the world. So (assuming you're going with the ghost interpretation--there are others, as I said) I'd give her specialties that aren't Occult, because at this point in her career, she doesn't know that stuff. (Later, she might have Occult; after she's knocked around a bit. Or, if she were an NPC and the PCs really needed the information, I'd give her occult--but the pure form of her doesn't have it at the beginning of her career.)

          Specialties:
          Acrobatics (because it was gymnastics that got her into acting in the first place)
          Business (because she has invested wisely...too bad all that money went to Bad People for reasons I haven't come up with yet)
          Performance: Acting

          Later in her career, Occult.

          None of them would be better than first level, though: she's not a master at any of them.

          Very nice. If you weren't limiting the character to 45 points, what specialties would you suggest giving her?

          > For what might be a character a week, while I'm not playing ICONS. Here's a very brief writeup for my version of a DEADMAN character, REMEMBRANCE.
          >
          > Remembrance
          > Carolina Jones
          > Transformed
          >
          > Prowess  2
          > Coordination  3
          > Strength  3
          > Intellect  3
          > Awareness  4
          > Willpower  7
          >
          > Stamina  10
          > Determination  1
          >
          > Specialties
          > None, to keep her at 45 points.
          >
          > Powers
          >   Astral Projection 7
          >   Possession 7
          >   Postcognition 4
          >   Life Support 5 (Breathing, Eating, Pathogens, Sleeping, Toxins)
          >
          > Qualities
          >   Ghost
          >   Wants justice done

          Challenges
          >   Misses pleasures of the flesh
          >   Doesn't know why she's a ghost
          >   Her possession means that the possessed victim then remembers the worst thing they did or that ever happened to them.
          >

          > Height: 5'6" Weight: 110 lb. First Appearance: Tales to Wonder #17
          >
          > Origin:
          > Killed in a terrorist explosion, Carolyn stayed as a ghost. She doesn't know why she became a ghost and not one of the other 665 victims did.
          >
          > Notes:
          >
          > Stunts: Sometimes stunts Animation off the Possession ("possessing" an object); can stunt Dream Control off the Astral Projection.
          >
          > Flight is already in the description of Astral Projection, so he has the equivalent of Flight at the same level as Astral Projection
          >
          > Note that she assumes she's a ghost; it's astral projection where the body has disappeared. However, she might have a mutant
          ability, or the number of victims might be sufficient, or she might have been chosen by a Being. There are lots of possibilities.

          > Her Life Support really should be higher, but I'm assuming that the Aspect "Ghost" will cover most of them.
          >
          > Point Total  45
          >

          > John McMullen (Searching for a .sig)
          > jhmcmullen@...

          <*> Your email settings: