Re: Golden Age Superman

    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2012
      Gerry wrote:
      "I found a wiki article listing his powers. It's interesting to see how much weaker he originally was than he is today. I started the build in the folio, but am having a problem with it. Maybe someone can help me, as the forums for the folio didn't have much info in the faq.

      I'm trying to add in supersenses. He started with two (telescopic vision and enhanced hearing). However, when I try and add 2 options, only one displays after I save them. How do I fix that? It's the main thing preventing me from finishing the build right now...."

      I played around with this a little just now. It's a little buggy, especially if you go back into the power to edit it later. I suggest just deleting the power from your powers list (select the power with the mouse to highlight it and hit delete) and adding it again. Go in to edit, set the power level, hold down the control key to select the option(s) you want from the list. Hit save.

      If you go back in to edit it again, it gets all buggy. Only one selection remains highlighted in the list and if you save again, you lose the others you had selected before. To complicate matters, the control key function to select multiple options stops working too.

      I suggest just deleting the power and adding it back if you need to make changes. Know what you need before you go in, set it and (hopefully) forget it!

      Hope that helps a bit.

      jaerdaph
    • Gerry
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2012
        It did! I got the file fixed, so I made 2 pdf copies, each with different art I found on the Superbuddies forums way back. 1 has his original costume from Action Comics #1, and the other his regular Golden Age costume. Will upload the pdf files a little later, but here is the text for what I came up with. Let me know what everyone thinks (though keep in mind, this is his original, early power set, and not what the modern version can do):

        Superman
        Clark Kent/Kal El

        Prowess 6
        Coordination 6
        Strength 8
        Intellect 5
        Awareness 6
        Willpower 6

        Stamina 14
        Determination 1

        Specialties
        Athletics
        Wrestling

        Powers
        Leaping 4
        Invulnerability 6
        Super-Speed 3
        Transformation 4 (Only particular type of shape) - Facial Re-arrangement
        Supersenses 2 (Enhanced Hearing, Extended Vision)

        Qualities
        Motivation : Truth, Justice & The American Way
        Epithet : Last Son of Krypton
        Connections : Lois Lane

        Challenges
        Weakness : Kryptonite
        Enemy : Lex Luthor
        Enemy : Ultra Humanite

        Point Total 58
        Last modified 5/2/12

        Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/
        Message 3 of 15 , May 2, 2012
          Nice! I especially like the props paid to Ultra-Humanite.

          jaerdaph

          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Gerry <urbwarzine@...> wrote:

          > It did! I got the file fixed, so I made 2 pdf copies, each with different art I found on the Superbuddies forums way back. 1 has his original costume from Action Comics #1, and the other his regular Golden Age costume. Will upload the pdf files a little later, but here is the text for what I came up with. Let me know what everyone thinks (though keep in mind, this is his original, early power set, and not what the modern version can do):
          >

          > Superman
          > Clark Kent/Kal El
          >

          > Prowess 6
          > Coordination 6
          > Strength 8
          > Intellect 5
          > Awareness 6
          > Willpower 6
          >
          > Stamina 14
          > Determination 1
          >
          > Specialties
          > Athletics
          > Wrestling
          >
          > Powers
          > Leaping 4
          > Invulnerability 6
          > Super-Speed 3
          > Transformation 4 (Only particular type of shape) - Facial Re-arrangement
          > Supersenses 2 (Enhanced Hearing, Extended Vision)
          >
          > Qualities
          > Motivation : Truth, Justice & The American Way
          > Epithet : Last Son of Krypton
          > Connections : Lois Lane
          >
          > Challenges
          > Weakness : Kryptonite
          > Enemy : Lex Luthor
          > Enemy : Ultra Humanite
          >

          > Point Total 58
          > Last modified 5/2/12

        • Fabrício César Franco
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2, 2012
            I like it very much! Any character build is welcome! Kudos!

            Fabrício Franco

            .

            __
          • Gerry
            Message 5 of 15 , May 2, 2012
              Message 6 of 15 , May 2, 2012
                Thanks Fabricio! While I've built characters before (I have 7 in the last Hero Pack, and 2 for the one in progress), it's fun to play around with such an iconic character as Superman. Have to see whom I might want to try next
                I like it very much! Any character build is welcome! Kudos!

                Fabrício Franco

                2012/5/2 jaerdaph <jjbardales@...>

                Nice! I especially like the props paid to Ultra-Humanite.

                jaerdaph

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Gerry <urbwarzine@...> wrote:

                > It did! I got the file fixed, so I made 2 pdf copies, each with different art I found on the Superbuddies forums way back. 1 has his original costume from Action Comics #1, and the other his regular Golden Age costume. Will upload the pdf files a little later, but here is the text for what I came up with. Let me know what everyone thinks (though keep in mind, this is his original, early power set, and not what the modern version can do):
                >

                > Superman
                > Clark Kent/Kal El
                >

                > Prowess 6
                > Coordination 6
                > Strength 8
                > Intellect 5
                > Awareness 6
                > Willpower 6
                >
                > Stamina 14
                > Determination 1
                >
                > Specialties
                > Athletics
                > Wrestling
                >
                > Powers
                > Leaping 4
                > Invulnerability 6
                > Super-Speed 3
                > Transformation 4 (Only particular type of shape) - Facial Re-arrangement
                > Supersenses 2 (Enhanced Hearing, Extended Vision)
                >
                > Qualities
                > Motivation : Truth, Justice & The American Way
                > Epithet : Last Son of Krypton
                > Connections : Lois Lane
                >
                > Challenges
                > Weakness : Kryptonite
                > Enemy : Lex Luthor
                > Enemy : Ultra Humanite
                >

                > Point Total 58
                > Last modified 5/2/12

              • Joe Littrell
                Message 7 of 15 , May 3, 2012
                  On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Gerry <urbwarzine@...> wrote:
                  > It did! I got the file fixed, so I made 2 pdf copies, each with different art I found on the Superbuddies forums way back. 1 has his original costume from Action Comics #1, and the other his regular Golden Age costume. Will upload the pdf files a little later, but here is the text for what I came up with. Let me know what everyone thinks (though keep in mind, this is his original, early power set, and not what the modern version can do):
                  >
                  > Qualities
                  >  Motivation : Truth, Justice & The American Way

                  It's worth noting that Superman's original never-ending battle was
                  just for "truth and justice". The phrase began in 1940 on the
                  Adventures of Superman radio show, and had the "American Way" part
                  tacked on '42 because we were into the War by that time. It was
                  dropped from the opening in '45 following the end of the war, and not
                  picked up again until the George Reeves TV show. By that time, we were
                  Commie smashin', so it stuck around like the new national Motto and
                  the new words in the Pledge of Allegiance.
                • Gerry
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 3, 2012
                    Well I did state I took some liberties with the Aspects/Challenges; Kryptonite didn't appear until 1943 in the radio show, and didn't appear in the comic until 1949. Since it's something most people associate with him (as well as the whole Truth and Justice motivation), I felt it best to include it

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 3, 2012
                      Ultra-Humanite really set the standard for all reoccurring supervillain nemeses that followed.

                      Well done on the build. :)

                      jaerdaph

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 4, 2012
                        My first exposure to Ultra-Humanite was in All-Star Squadron (one of my all time favorite comic series). Then he was on JLU, and I liked him even more (especially the Christmas episode where he helped Flash with the toys for the kids). He's a cool villain, and should easily be Luthor's equal, if not better (as, from what I've read, he originally had mental powers as well as his scientific prowess)

                        If I knew more about him, I'd consider writing him up as well. Might do some more golden age heroes first

                        And thanks again for the kudos; I just wish the image on the sheet i uploaded looked better. Whenever I print to pdf, it turns out blurry :(