Re: ICONS Blog

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2012
      Charisma - I tend to use tailored Aspects (intimidating demeanor or appearance, diplomatic, attractive appearance, charismatic personality etc.) and the Deception Specialty (from the Villainomicon) to cover this. In fact, Intimidation might even make a good Specialty, as well as Diplomacy. Admittedly I'm coming at this with a strong d20/d20 Modern bias from my personal gaming pedigree.

      Investigation vs. Criminology - Criminology covers the gathering and analysis of physical evidence and modern forensic science techniques at crime scenes whereas Investigation is good old fashioned hitting the pavement and observing, tailing suspects, questioning, even spying. When I wrote up the ICONS 1602 Specialty list, for example, I dropped Criminology because modern forensics and crime-solving theories and techniques had not yet been developed in Elizabethan England, but I kept Investigation because spying and interrogation were certainly well established practices.

      I love the interaction between Abilities and Specialties and how the latter make you competent at varying progressive degrees in a more focused area.

      Best,