Re: ICONS news podcast

  • Colin T
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 8, 2012
      Most probably the first and last one which is very ironic because my first idea was a combination of ALL of them!

      The student has an estranged sister who his family believe died years ago after a bitter divorce and the discovery her ex-husband is an infamous supervillain.
      His daughter having been responsible for the creation of a team of elemental powered superwoman who dropped her from their group to recruit some similarly powered girls began her own career as a supposedly nonpowered crimefighter until she succeeded in persuading her father to retire only for his enemies to try and kill her since they didn't know she was his daughter and only thought a nonpowered nobody had succeeded where some of the most powefulest superhero teams and enforcement agencies had painfully failed.
      She has taken up a new identity and is unaware her father is keeping watch over here after her new identity was villified after five of the hero teams she had adventured with were targetted and eliminated by a former student of Hope Academy who was also an embittered rival of the Elemental group.
      With her half brother struggling at Hope Academy, Nightfall has decided to help him but in so doing has drawn the attention of the school who have been led to believe "he" isn't a suitable choice for a mentor for the new student who is the only one aware that Nightfall is his estranged sister.
      Hammerdawg as he calls himself was expelled from Hope Academy when it was discovered he had been the subject and had paid for the implanting of superhuman organs that was take from kidnapped victims at the behest of an underworld organisation, he has since he was expelled has tried to make it look like he has been making amends by working for the government BUT he has been targetting and eliminating neophyte hero teams of foreign nationals in return for immunity to prosecution when he was caught.
      Nightfall is the only hero to have ever caught him, since she has never revealed she has power negation abilities along with some mystical abilities she had once hidden with apparent stage magic tricks during her earlier career.
      His attempts to kill her has led to his handlers getting her villified in the the hopes it would bring their operative back under their control unfortunately he has now focused on his old nemesis the Elementals and as the game leads to is making an attempt to abduct the daughter of one of the members' leading to a confrontation with Nightfall who is on her first nocturnal mission with her new sidekick with the PCs in tow leading to a three way fight that might result in the villain abducting the child or the potential addition of a new ally to the PCs and Hope Academy which they're going to need as Hammerdawg is planning on avenging himself on Hope itself in an attempt to abduct not only any of the staff and student he can but to harvest any potential superhuman organs for his profit but to once and for all earn the kind of supervillain status he believes is his right...

      Meanwhile a certain hero's father is about to make his presence felt, his daughter is about to get into serious trouble and the only hope he has of finding the help he needs is to do the unexpected and approach Hope Academy itself!

      And the news he brings is dire indeed for he not only knows who Hammerdawg is actually working for but that a hero everyone looks up to isn't who he claims to be and is about to set off a masterplan to bring the world to its knees and the only person who knows the truth is one of the world's most imfamous ubervillains and he's come to Hope Academy because for the true villain of the piece's plan to work he will have to eliminate the only hero who stands in his way and thats something her father will NOT allow!

      Sorry went overboard again!!!