Groups and abilities

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 9:36 AM
      I've been cleaning out the belongings of a recently-deceased relative, so I have had some time to think. And I've been thinking about teams or groups.

      See, as a long-term Champions player I tend to use their terms. So a formidable utility group has:

      Brick
      Blaster
      Martial artist or speedster
      Mentalist or occultist

      So you have someone to take out your mooks, you have someone to deal out damage--each term really describes a package of abilities.

      But ICONS may not create those packages--default character creation is random. Determination points help a lot but I was thinking of deconstructing those packages to see if your group has the abilities you want, or where the holes are that you can exploit.

      So far I have these but suggestions and debate are welcome.

      * Gets through or around high defenses (life drain, mind blast, high power level)
      * High accuracy attack
      * Ranged attack
      * Soaks up damage (and is probably a credible threat so they keep on hitting the person)
      * Deals with lots of mooks
      * Protection from mental attacks
      * Does recon

      Is this a better approach for ICONS? What am I missing?