Re: Descriptive scale?

  • Jakub
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4 6:15 AM
      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kenson <stevekenson@...> wrote:

      > A new survey question: do you use descriptive adjectives for the different trait levels in ICONS (rather than just using numbers) and, if so, what words do you use?

      I occasionally compare the characters to comicbook or RL benchmarks rather than use verbal phrases.
      For example intellect
      1 - Hulk, 2- dumb guy, 3- Average Joe, and so on.
      This is mostly during character creation and introducing new NPCs rather than during actual gameplay.

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4 4:32 PM
        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "wee_ree_cat" <wee_ree_cat@...> wrote:

        > We use both.
        >
        > I made a character sheet where abilities are noted with both an adjective and the numbered score.
        >
        > And we use, of course, the MSH adjectives.

        Somehow I think I would like and appreciate the adjectives more if they were in a beautiful language like French. :)

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 4 4:34 PM
          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Jakub" <erpegis@...> wrote:

          > I occasionally compare the characters to comicbook or RL benchmarks rather than use verbal phrases.
          > For example intellect
          > 1 - Hulk, 2- dumb guy, 3- Average Joe, and so on.
          > This is mostly during character creation and introducing new NPCs rather than during actual gameplay.

          That's always been a very helpful guide for me as well. I refer to this list a lot:
          http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/Benchmarks