Re: Greetings and ICONS Session Recaps

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012
      Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the site.
      I'll try to post the character sheet up here when I get a chance just to make them available for other members.

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "jaerdaph" <jjbardales@...> wrote:

      > I've been following your blog for a couple months now, Paul - good stuff! Actual play session reports are always a good read.
      >
      > jaerdaph
      >
      > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <blissinfinite67@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all
      > >
      > > I found Icons last year and we just started playing it in our gaming group. It's a great little rules-lite game (with a few minor balance issues I hope to find the answers to here). We're rotating through GMs for the campaign, kinda like different comic writers. That's proving to be lots of fun. I'm posting session recaps on my blog:
      > >
      > > http://warlockshomebrew.blogspot.com/search/label/icons%20game%20summary
      > >
      > > As well as having a 'news paper' for GMs to add plot hooks and campaign color.
      > >
      > > http://shorecitychronicle.blogspot.com/
      > >
      > > Anyway, I've been going through some of the posts here and there's a lot of good information!

    • John Post
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012
        I've got my copy and it looks good.  The art by Dan for the encounters is spot-on.

        John

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: gms@...
        Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:34:30 -0500
        Subject: [icons-rpg] New Official Adventure: NO LAUGHING MATTER!

        Hey folks --

        Just a quick preview here:. This Sunday, April Fool's Day, Adamant Entertainment will release the latest official ICONS adventure: NO LAUGHING MATTER, by John Post (author of WHITEOUT!)

        Featuring Doctor Punch & Electric Judy, versus the bitter ex-comic known as The Punster --- and including ICONS Character Folio files for your use.

        http://www.adamantentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/NoLaughingMatter.jpg

        The PDF will be available by Noon CST on Sunday.

        Gareth-Michael Skarka
        Adamant Entertainment
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012
          Got mine yesterday but I've not had a chance to read it through yet. "Whiteout" was good so I have high hopes!

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: johnpost@...
          Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 16:22:42 -0400
          Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: New Official Adventure: NO LAUGHING MATTER!

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: gms@...
          Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:34:30 -0500

        • emu2020@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012

            My design plan for the horgosi, because they are going to be larger figures, is to use a trick I am "borrowing" from  Zombiesmith.

            The trick is that you make upper and lower bodies that are separate but totally interchangeable, so that every upp works with every lower. You pay the price for only a few figs, but get several variants by allowing the end-user to glue them together in different configurations (see attached).

            So, it works this way...

            3 upper/lowers = 9 poses

            4 upper/lowers = 16 poses

            6 upper/lowers = 36 poses

            You get it.

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012

              apologies for mispot. My email program froze up on me and grabbed a different email to reply to

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012
                Including the Character Folio ICF files of all the NPCs (heroes and villains) was a nice added bonus.

                jaerdaph
              • John Post
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 2, 2012
                  Yes.  Character sheets with new art and ICF Files for both Dr. Punch and Electric Judy are included in the adventure.

                  John

                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  From: Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...>
                  Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 9:04:30

                  Cool! I'm presuming that the character folio files will include stats for Doctor Punch & Electric Judy?

                  --
                  Hollis McCray
                  aka The Fifth Wanderer

                  ascensionschild@...