Re: [icons-rpg] From Steve's Blog -notes of an alternate initiative system for ICONS

  • Jon Lang
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30 1:45 PM
      On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:
      I respectfully disagree. If I understand what he's suggesting correctly and from my reading of MHR, it's like this:

      Last action of the player in their panel is to name the character (PC or NPC) who gets the next panel, with the proviso that everyone has to act before the next page.

      That much is true; but it's overlooking one crucial point: the GM also has the option to spend a Doom point/grant a Hero/Determination point/whatever to interrupt the normal flow of events as described above in order to have an NPC move before the next player does.  This "interrupt" ability is what I was referring to.

      --
      Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang