RE: [icons-rpg] Maneuvers

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2012
      Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

      I haven't really thought this 100% through, but I suspect in most cases placing a temporary Aspect on an NPC is less useful in Icons than in vanilla Fate because in Icons Determined Effort already allows you to spend multiple DP on an action to get a specific result. Of course there may be cases in the temporary Aspect is the only viable Aspect (or is the most fun one to use). OF course the first free tag is always welcome.

      Still if a GM wants to make the most of these Maneuvers it will probably work better if the replace standard Determined Effort rules with the variant Determined Effort rules on page 14 Villainomicon (which is the standard, flat +2 used by Fate). That way if a player really wants that +4 or (even +6!) he really has to look carefully at what Aspects he can invoke.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: stevekenson@...
      Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:18:35 -0500
      Subject: [icons-rpg] Maneuvers

      Another useful rules bit/preview up on the ICONS Wiki:

      My thanks again to Bretbo for setting up the Wiki in the first place!