Re: [icons-rpg] How many people are actually playing ICONS? Superhero RPGs in general?

  • Joe Littrell
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2012
      We're currently in a Champions campaign set in that game's Millennium City setting.

      On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:45 AM, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

      I'd count ones where ICONS has been or still is on the rotation list: just because you're not playing ICONS right now doesn't mean you're not going to get back to it. Electronic counts too.

      I ask because I was going to put up a link to last night's shenanigans, and then I thought, well, folks are probably bored of them, and those that aren't can go to the web page; I list every session. The ones who are bored, they have their own games.

      (How many people are playing is of course separate from how many people are bored with my links, but it brought the question to mind.)

      Which lead to wondering how to raise the profile of superhero games in general. (I recently requested a generator from Chaoticshiny, who said essentially, "Gosh, superhero games are too niche a market.") The first step is to figure out how many people are buying or playing the games.

    • wee_ree_cat
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2012
        Been GMing ICONS since I got fed up with 80s Marvel. I'm probably never going to use another superhero system, since what I liked was how similar they felt, while being better and a lot more playable (to my tastes).