RE: [icons-rpg] Your ICONS hero drawn by Dan Houser?

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2012
      Hi Chris,

      Probably the best place to check this out is the thread on RPGNet in which Dan announced the ICONS Hero Pack 3 ( http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?571263-Hero-Pack-3-Hero-Pack-2-Bonus-Pack  ).

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: jacksawyer2@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 22:06:27 +0000
      Subject: [icons-rpg] Your ICONS hero drawn by Dan Houser?

      Greetings fellow crime fighters!

      I finally got my print copy of Icons & Villainomicon. In the back of the Icons rulebook there is an offer to get your hero drawn by Dan Houser and used to create a new Hero Pack. Does anyone know if they are still doing this?

      Im a new member here. Is there any list of cool member created heroes? Or even blogs of an ongoing Icons campaign.

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2012
        I can't help; I can only commiserate.

        I have tried twice (I think; it might be three times) to contact Dan, but have never heard back from him. (I wanted a price on a commission.)

        I used two different email addresses, one for each attempt, because I figured the first one didn't work. But I've given up looking for new addresses to try; if anyone has an address that they know works, let me know. (And yes, there are possible situations where I'm at fault in this situation--maybe I typed something wrong, so I'm not mad or anything, but I'm not going out of my way to look for new addresses.)

        I finally got my print copy of Icons & Villainomicon. In the back of the Icons rulebook there is an offer to get your hero drawn by Dan Houser and used to create a new Hero Pack. Does anyone know if they are still doing this?

        Im a new member here. Is there any list of cool member created heroes? Or even blogs of an ongoing Icons campaign.

        Thanks!

      • Michael Hopcroft
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2012

          Dan contacted me a couple of weeks ago with pictures for the two characters I submitted to Hero Pack 3. So he is out there. Just not necessarily easy to contact.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7, 2012
            Yeah I got a preview of my Hero Pack 3 villainess. Very cool, very Jack Kirby. One Icons character for screen saver.

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            From: mhopcroft@...
            Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:56:38 -0800

[...]

          • Gerry
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7, 2012
              I have an entire team in HP 3 (The Tomorrow Squad), plus another hero/villain I'm looking forward to seeing art on. Dan also still owes me 4 commissions from his last sale on rpg.net. I know he's been doing art for Brandon Blackmoor's new rpg, which he posted a few samples of. I see him post on Facebook once in awhile. So yeah, he's out there.

              John: the email addy I have for him is dan.r.houser@.... Is that one of the ones you tried? If so, it should work, so it's likely he's just been too busy to respond yet

              Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 8, 2012
                we're going to be doing a line of pdfs featuring ICONS characters and their vehicles. Calling it Justice Wheels (http://tinyurl.com/7zpbwrq)

                For the Kickstarter, one of the reward levels will feature your own character drawn by the artist of your choice and released in the compilation bundle of the Justice Wheels line.

                Dan will be one of the artists who's available for that. So, that's another way to get Dan to draw your character :)