Re: New Marvel RPG

  • Seamus
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 1, 2012
      The way rolls are handled, Distinctions are like Aspects in that you can use them where appropriate (there's even a way to use them as a hindrance, like a self inflicted Challenge). Specialties, unlike Specialties in ICONS, add another die to your pool. Affiliations are like Team Aspects, except that it's more generalized and based on how many heroes are present plus how your hero plays with others (they are either solo, buddy, or team heroes). Powers factor into that and add special effects depending on the situation. You can add more dice depending on situations if your opponent is stressed, an ally helps out somehow, or if you've set yourself up somehow with inventive use of your powers.

      It's not terribly complicated, but there's often a lot going on in an action scene and a lot to keep track of. It looks like index cards are the way to keep it all straight.

      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 9, 2012
        On 3/9/2012 10:59 AM, Michael Taylor wrote:

        > > May I make a suggestion to the list? I'm certainly not against
        > discussing other supers RPGs because often they have much to offer that
        > can be applied to all supers gaming, but perhaps specific questions
        > about how rules and mechanics work in games other than ICONS should be
        > moved or directed to a more appropriate discussion forum? I know there
        > are some good discussions about the new MWP Marvel RPG over at RPGNet
        > for example.
        > >

        > How about here:

        That's for MSH/FASERIP, and it may not be welcome there, either.