On ICONS example of play

  • Mark Widner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2012
      I will weigh in since I am the one who bugged Sean to put together the example. I need something akin to a players hand book that I can give to new players (my kids) that they can read through. I would suggest putting it together with panels and pages so it emulates the flow and feel of actually playing the game. Even include break outs for the GM to tag/challenge/give/spend Determination.

      I am sure that there are artists (Dan H) who would love to sketch up some ideas for the panels and pages. As much as I hate paying for something that should have been included in the game (rant over) I would gladly pay for this item.

      To me it is much like any other RPG game in that it needs something for the new players to move them into experienced players. I thought it also gives something that most games today don't, a start to INEXPERIENCED players and GMs. If you have not been playing RPGs for over a decade and have no familiarity with some of the underlying mechanics borrowed from older games then teaching combat to young or inexperienced players becomes a bit of a challenge.

      I think that everyone here has voiced on occasion the things I have struggled with in my own little group. Folks have done wonders in providing clarifications but something official from the designer(s) will be authoritative and I am sure very clear. I appreciate Steve and Gareth weighing in on the question from time to time.

      Please, Please, create this book/aid/chart.FYI, I do use the PDF that has the chart of successes based on the calculated roll. I would include that in some form into the document.