RE: [icons-rpg] Re: Villainomicon Teams

    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 3 12:17 PM
      Object? I look forward to it!

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: jhmcmullen@...
      Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:15:25 -0800
      Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Villainomicon Teams

      Possibly a separate thread--maybe "Villain Teams"--but would anyone object if I posted a homemade group of characters intended to act as a team?

      This could also go on the wiki, but I'm looking for some quicker and more direct feedback than that.

      John

      John McMullen (Young old coot) jhmcmullen@...
      From: jhmcmullen@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:45:15 -0800

      In my mind, Copy Cat is overt: she takes over the abilities of a person and enjoys being as good as they are.

      Incognito is about subterfuge. He might be a leader at home, but in the field, it's Copy Cat. She's got a power that pretty much calls for her to think on her feet and adjust to changing abilities and conditions.

      A possibility is to have someone else (Professor Hominid again?) fund them as a cash-making scheme. Kind of like Charlie's Angels: they only know him as an electronic voice on the line.

      I also think that Sigma-9 and Skeletron could join up, one handling the overt confrontation and one handling the subtle one.

      John McMullen (Young old coot) jhmcmullen@...
      From: jhmcmullen@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 07:43:27 -0800

      Very nice!

      In the back of my mind I have a theme--gadget-using villains who can't maintain them. In my head, they meet one another as they're passing to or from Smith's current lair, and decide they can work together and form a group...so long as Smith gets a cut of the profits to be on retainer. But I haven't done any serious looking at characters.

      I very much like the Crime-Team as a group that the players could meet, and it's good to give Incognito some love.

      The Brain Trust (that's what you mean instead of Brian Trust, right?) also strikes me as having a nice theme for generating crimes.

      Apex I have some trouble with: I have a problem believing they'd work together, but the right backstory can overcome that. What's Professor Hominid's plan/technique for getting them together?

      Kaos Factor I like better with Recluse, and Speed Demon trying to make time with both Fox and Blonde Bombshell.

      Again--very nice!

      John McMullen (Young old coot) jhmcmullen@...
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 3 12:27 PM
        Oh, you know not what you say. :)

        Reunion dinner and party tonight, show and party tomorrow night (50th anniversary of the theatre group we all belonged to), and some kind of talent show on Sunday, so I doubt I'll get to it before Monday, but we'll see.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 3 3:07 PM
            I'd love to see a villain team posted here - maybe in the files section for easy reference...