Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Villainomicon Teams

    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 1, 2012
      In my mind, Copy Cat is overt: she takes over the abilities of a person and enjoys being as good as they are.

      Incognito is about subterfuge. He might be a leader at home, but in the field, it's Copy Cat. She's got a power that pretty much calls for her to think on her feet and adjust to changing abilities and conditions.

      A possibility is to have someone else (Professor Hominid again?) fund them as a cash-making scheme. Kind of like Charlie's Angels: they only know him as an electronic voice on the line.

      I also think that Sigma-9 and Skeletron could join up, one handling the overt confrontation and one handling the subtle one.

      John McMullen (Young old coot) jhmcmullen@...
      From: jhmcmullen@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 07:43:27 -0800

      Very nice!

      In the back of my mind I have a theme--gadget-using villains who can't maintain them. In my head, they meet one another as they're passing to or from Smith's current lair, and decide they can work together and form a group...so long as Smith gets a cut of the profits to be on retainer. But I haven't done any serious looking at characters.

      I very much like the Crime-Team as a group that the players could meet, and it's good to give Incognito some love.

      The Brain Trust (that's what you mean instead of Brian Trust, right?) also strikes me as having a nice theme for generating crimes.

      Apex I have some trouble with: I have a problem believing they'd work together, but the right backstory can overcome that. What's Professor Hominid's plan/technique for getting them together?

      Kaos Factor I like better with Recluse, and Speed Demon trying to make time with both Fox and Blonde Bombshell.

      Again--very nice!

      John McMullen (Young old coot) jhmcmullen@...
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 1, 2012
        This is pretty cool. Much like Spider-Man's Sinister Six, who always had organizational troubles.

        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 1, 2012
          Mostly I'm thinking you'd need someone with the sort of leadership skills to keep Sock Puppet in line and be the Hannibal Smith role. If I were to use the Crime-Team in one game I'd be tempted to just bump up Copy Cat's Intellect and Willpower just a tad be done with it.

          Of course, for the purposes of this thread, that's would be highly improper :-)

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 3, 2012
            Possibly a separate thread--maybe "Villain Teams"--but would anyone object if I posted a homemade group of characters intended to act as a team?

            This could also go on the wiki, but I'm looking for some quicker and more direct feedback than that.

            John

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 3, 2012
              Object? I look forward to it!

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 3, 2012
                Oh, you know not what you say. :)

                Reunion dinner and party tonight, show and party tomorrow night (50th anniversary of the theatre group we all belonged to), and some kind of talent show on Sunday, so I doubt I'll get to it before Monday, but we'll see.

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 3, 2012
                    I'd love to see a villain team posted here - maybe in the files section for easy reference...