Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Standees

  • Icosahedrophilia
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 22, 2012
      On Jan 22, 2012, at 8:01 PM, John McMullen wrote:

      I've used them with my kids, who generally want to play someone identifiable from the comics (El Diablo! Iceman! Magneto! Green Lantern!) and it's pretty easy to find them, either Heroclix or images that I then convert to standees.

      It's harder to find artwork that matches what they want for a character they created themselves.

      I repainted HeroClix figures to resemble the heroes my kids created themselves. The kids love 'em, even though we don't use them for tactical positioning or anything like that.

      Chris

      Chris Heard
      Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast

    • Tommy Brownell
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 22, 2012
        I made the mistake of not using something like that with my son when we tried ICONS. He DEFINITELY prefers a visual/tactile element.

        On Jan 22, 2012, at 8:01 PM, John McMullen wrote:

        I've used them with my kids, who generally want to play someone identifiable from the comics (El Diablo! Iceman! Magneto! Green Lantern!) and it's pretty easy to find them, either Heroclix or images that I then convert to standees.

        It's harder to find artwork that matches what they want for a character they created themselves.

        I repainted HeroClix figures to resemble the heroes my kids created themselves. The kids love 'em, even though we don't use them for tactical positioning or anything like that.

        Chris

        Chris Heard
        Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast

        No virus found in this message.

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 23, 2012
          Yeah, kids love this stuff, especially if they can design and make their own. My six year old niece Sophie has really been getting into supers lately, and she's a wiz on HeroMachine. She had already been using a lot of those interactive online "dress up" programs, but discovering one where you could make your own superheroes really blew her mind. I don't know if my sister thanks me for showing her that or not, but she did say "at least she's not watching TV!" :)

          jaerdaph

          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 23, 2012
            -- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

            > It's harder to find artwork that matches what they want for a character they created themselves.

            Definitely have them check out HeroMachine: http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-2-5-character-portrait-creator/

            Fábrica de Heróis has much nicer art (or at least art that feels like ICONS), but it's effectively entirely in Portuguese, even with the one version that has an English translation button: http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com

            jaerdaph
            JUST ADD HEROES
            An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales
            http://justaddheroes.blogspot.com