First Kickstarter for an ICONS product is live: Improbable Tales

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 13, 2012
      http://tinyurl.com/improbabletales

      Fainting Goat Games just launched a Kickstarter to fund a series of 5 frantic, fun mini-adventures for ICONS.

      The scenarios will have art by Adrian Smith of Mesozoic Press and Dan Houser, Line Artist for ICONS.

      They will be written by Mike Lafferty (who did the Battlescenes Adventures for Vigilance Press) and Chris McGroarty (who wrote the recent Gangbusters adventure for ICONS from Adamant)

      For a basic donation of $3 you can reserve one of the pdfs of your choice and help us reach our goal.

      For just a little more ($10) you can reserve a copy of all 5 pdfs.

      After the initial modest goal of $400 is met, we will unlock a new adventure - the concept of which will be submitted from and voted on by everyone who donates $10 or more. Another new adventure will 'unlock' for every $150 over the initial goal.

      If you like ICONS, and you're interested in continuing vigorous 3rd party support for ICONS, this is a great way to make that message heard.

      http://tinyurl.com/improbabletales
    • Craig McRoberts

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 13, 2012
          Thanks Craig!
          BTW - slight typo in my previous message. It's $12 to reserve a copy of all 5 pdfs. Sorry for any confusion

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 13, 2012
            wow! up just half a day and we're already at $100.
            25% of the way there :)
            thanks everyone for their support so far

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 16, 2012
              We're over 80 percent to goal in just 3 days.
              When we hit our goal - we'll announce a 6th adventure - whose content will be proposed and voted on by everyone who has contributed $12 or more.

              We're less than $70 from goal - so we'll probably start talking soliciting feedback from contributors for what the next adventure should be and setting up the first round of voting.

              If you want to get in and have a chance to influence the direction of the next adventure, now is a great time to do it

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 19, 2012
                We have hit our goal.
                We are now taking suggestions from contributors for the 6th bonus adventure that "unlocked" when we hit the goal

                You can still get a chance to suggest adventure ideas and vote on which idea will be developed if you contribute $12 or more.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 19, 2012
                  Well done!

                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  From: dirkgentry2000@...
                  Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:35:46 +0000
                  Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: First Kickstarter for an ICONS product is live: Improbable Tales

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2, 2012
                    http://tinyurl.com/improbabletales

                    quick Kickstarter update:

                    As of this morning, we are 157% funded (at $629) with 17 days left to go.

                    When we hit our goal of 400 - we unlocked a 6th adventure - and our contributors are currently voting on the content of that.

                    When we hit $550 - we unlocked a 7th adventure - we will soon open up submissions and voting for the content of that adventure.

                    If we hit $700 (which seems more likely every day), we'll unlock an 8th adventure, whose content will also be determined by our backers.

                    Keep in mind that for just a $12 donation, you get a pdf copy of all adventures that are created for this Kickstarter. IF we got to 8, that's just _1.50 per adventure_. (What else can you get for a buck fifty these days? Ramen™ Noodles or a song and a half on iTunes; that's what.)

                    It's a good time to jump on the bandwagon:

                    http://tinyurl.com/improbabletales

                    Again, many thanks to all of you who have already donated. If you haven't cast your vote for the new adventure yet - be sure to stop by the Kickstarter page and do that.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 9, 2012
                      (Trying to just do weekly updates to avoid spamming the group. If this is a problem - please let me know)

                      http://tinyurl.com/improbabletales

                      Quick update on the Kickstarter - we have hit 700 dollars - that unlocked our 3rd stretch goal adventure.

                      Improbable Tales will now be a series of 8 short ICONS adventures.

                      If we hit $850 (and with 11 days left -there's a good chance we might) - we unlocked a 9th adventure.

                      Thanks again to all our contributors and if you haven't voted on the content of the next adventure - please visit the kickstarter page and do that asap.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 15, 2012
                        Hey - Last Improbable Tales kickstarter update :) I promise.
                        Only 4 days left!

                        ( http://tinyurl.com/improbabletales )

                        Between unlocking stretch goals and one generous backer (thanks, John Post!) who has commissioned a custom adventure - we're now up to 10 short ICONS adventures in the Improbable Tales line.

                        For a pledge of 12 bucks. - you get all 10 of those adventures (in pdf). (And -IF we hit our next stretch goal of $1000 (which just $26 away at this point) - we will be doing 11 adventures.)

                        With just 4 days left in the Kickstarter, this is your last chance to jump on the bandwagon.

                        Please check us out at: http://tinyurl.com/improbabletales

                        And - thanks to the ICONS community for their support.