Re: Clarification on Random CharGen

  • Steve Kenson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012
      On Jan 6, 2012, at 7:32 AM, "jaerdaph" jjbardales@... wrote:
      If you choose a bonus power during random character generation, do you get the power at the same power level as the power that gave you access to the bonus power, or do you roll for the bonus power's power level?

      In my games, you get bonus powers at the same level as the "parent" power, unless, of course, the bonus is something that doesn't involve a level at all (such as changing the range or other effect of the parent power) in which case it doesn't matter. This is the same for gaining bonus powers as power stunts (which also take effect at the base power's level).

      Game Masters are, of course, welcome to vary this as they see fit. I just find using the base power's level easier and more in line with the concept of bonus powers encouraging a "theme".