Re: What do people want to see?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2012
      More adventures - that's what I really want to see. Generic adventures that can be plugged in to my game with minimal effort (like Adamant Entertainment's adventures, Vigilance Press's Action Scenes and Ad Infinitium's RetConQuest) as well as setting-specific adventures for publisher campaign settings (like ION Guard, Hope Prep, USHER and Amazing Stories of WWII).

      In the past when this question came up, I said I wanted to see sourcebooks for vehicles and gadgets. While both of those would still be appealing to me, I'm holding off on calling for those until I've seen Adamant's upcoming Team Up release.

      With regards to NPC collections - I can always use super villains and villainous team ups with great origin and back stories as well as motivations and agendas (like Devilish Duos - this is exactly the kind of product I want - really well done and I can't wait to see future ICONS version releases!) If they can be plugged into my campaign with minimal effort, all the better. I'd love it if The Moreau-1 Files came back. And I'd love to get ICONS versions Stark City Games' Extremely Creepy Comic Creatures - that sort of thing is right up my alley.

      I'll echo the sentiment that NPC heroes and hero team ups are of less use to me. Initially when ICONS first came out, it was cool to see dozens of hero write ups to get a good feel for the system and the possibilities. Now with some experience under my belt, it's of less appeal. Still, great NPC hero artwork can make these products more worthwhile.

      Speaking of artwork, great art can make me buy a product I might not otherwise use, as long as it's reasonably priced. Case in point: Hero Happy Hour. I've enjoyed reading that Web comic for quite awhile, and having ICONS versions of the characters was something I could appreciate. Am I ever going to use Charlie Sheen in one of my games? Probably not (never say never!), but I still bought that PDF because it was humorous, timely, reasonably priced and related to something outside of ICONS that I really enjoy reading. Great art and humor can sell me a product. I own all the Hero Happy Hour ICONS products because I love the Web comic.

      So, there's my consumer data point. Hope it's useful to someone. :)

      Best,
      jaerdaph
      JUST ADD HEROES
      An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales
      http://justaddheroes.blogspot.com