Re: Fast Attack and other attack powers

  • prodezigner
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
      Coming from M&M I tend to "over analyze" certain things. There is a section about combining abilities (pg. 57), this would be something to thing about, keep in mind that Paralysis does no damage effectively.

      When I hear of what he wants to do I can see it in my head, and it's not unreasonable, because it could be an easy way to hand out Determination for 'avoiding confrontation', and even cause more Challenges for the hero 'enemies'.

      This game is all about having fun, and as a GM, you could actually make NPCs to counter his character if it proves to be too broke, but as I stated before, I can visualize this scene in my head, so I'd allow it.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
        It would probably be wise if balanced game play is your goal to make the
        following a possible (optional) rule.

        Characters can only enact one power that interacts with others per
        panel. Superspeed+Fast Attacks? Fine, since only Fast Attack impacts
        others directly. To over-ride this and break the rule costs
        determination (and is "Pushing") a bit.
      • prodezigner
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
          I still think combining the abilities are the best way to go, if he gets three attacks via Fast Attack, and opts to use Paralysis (we'll assume it's a lower level than Fast Attack 7), then it would go based off of Paralysis +1, which tests against the Strength of the foe. I don't think it's too broke, but a clarification from G or Steve would be fantastic.