Re: Advice for running ICONS

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2012
      As promised, here are some links to advice I've seen around the Net for running ICONS for the first time:

      1. Remember, unlike in "traditional" RPGs, only the players roll the dice:
      http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?607026-Icons!&p=14816705#post14816705

      2. Remember to use Determination and use it often!
      http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?607026-Icons!&p=14816289#post14816289

      3. Use poker chips, coins or something similar to represent Determination points.

      4. Marvel Benchmarks
      http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?515702-ICONS-discussion-thread-vol-3&p=12386076#post12386076

      5. More Benchmarks:
      http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=ICONS_house_rules#Benchmarks

      6. Ability Score Benchmarks for relating ICONS characters to established comic book heroes:
      http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/Benchmarks

      7. Soylent Green's Alternatives for running a game WITHOUT Benchmarks:
      http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?606706-Supers-My-Holy-Grail&p=14800698#post14800698

      8. Suggestions for Point Buy Starting Points for different types of campaigns (different power levels):
      http://www.westguard.org/index.php?title=ICONS_house_rules#Power_level

      9. Converting Mutants & Mastermind characters to ICONS (thread discussion):
      http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?583446-M-amp-M-to-ICONS-Conversion-Guide

      10. Sean Patrick Fannon's Combat Examples for Clarity:
      http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-unending-war/forum/combat-examples-for-clarity

      11. ICONS Clarification Notes (for more on Point Buy option, Overcoming villains with high Invulnerability, etc.)
      http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/file/detail/ICONS+CLARIFICATION+NOTES.pdf

      jaerdaph