Re: [icons-rpg] Kenson blog

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2011
      Once upon a time his blog was on or was echoed to LiveJournal and I read it then; now I'm busy so I only find it once in a while, gorge, and go on.

      The current focus on the Avengers cartoon also loses me a bit--I like the intellectual exercise of translating events that clearly took place for story reasons into RPG and it teaches me something about gaming, but I don't watch the show. And it's not a question of it being good, bad, or indifferent--I don't watch any cartoons on a regular basis because there isn't time to sit in front of the TV for half an hour. (Okay, I do generally stay up for The Daily Show, but since we PVR that, I sometimes watch the previous night's episode before going to sleep before tonight's comes on.)

      Man, this sounds more like kvetching than a comment on Kenson's blog...

      One of the things I'm working on right now is possible house rules to the point-buy system so that you could have things like buying stunts, advantages, and flaws on powers that aren't quite aspects or challenges. I don't know if there is a way to do it, or if it's too susceptible to players gaming it, but I give it a thought every week or so.

      Which reminds me... Has anyone got a copy of With Great Power they'd be willing to sell me? Or even lend me, though I suspect that by the time we paid postage both ways, buying would probably make more sense.

      (Ah, after work I can look on rpg.net--work blocks it.)

      John McMullen (I need a new descriptor)
      jhmcmullen@...