Re: [icons-rpg] Halloween Ball, Parts I and II

  • John Dunn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2011
      Thanks for the kind words, John!

      As a minor update to why there hasn't been anything new -- I've been swamped with freelance work and had a number of familial issues over the past few months. We're working on getting things back on track though, so I hope to have things flowing smoothly soon.

      -John

      On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 2:27 PM, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

      Well, we played the Halloween Ball adventure and the results are here:

      A player's view of the first half: http://james-nicoll.livejournal.com/3442697.html

      My summary and notes of the second half: http://doc-lemming.livejournal.com/142628.html

      I'll summarize, though--

      If you're interested in running a high school supers game, it's worth it to spend the twenty bucks or so on everything they have out (except maybe the character pack). Yes, the adventures are a tad high on extradimensional invasions (two out of three adventures have'em), but they're a great framework. We have had fun, even if we don't play them quite as the writers intended, and at least some of my players are quite jazzed about it.

      And you can rip off the worldbuilding stuff for your own use. (Actually, after every school year of these, I'd like to see a separate update--maybe as yearbooks--with all the world-building stuff in a convenient place. Maybe cheaper, because it's all re-used material, but it's already pretty cheap, so I don't know if they can afford to do that.)

      So, kudos to Melior Via.

      John McMullen (Young old coot)