Okay but how about this?

  • Colin T
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2011
      Hmm... okay the background i was thinking about was setting up what seems like an ordinary superhero game set in a city where the heroes meet up for the first time.

      Approached by someone who has figured out their identities or in some cases recognises another way of getting their interest their patron remains mysterious and possibly a subplot of the series is their attempts to figure out who it is and why they've been recruited.

      The city has a plethora of would be "heroes" and by that I mean the sort who crave fame and fortune but few of them are interested in risking their lives for little or no reward.

      However for the PCs their first few missions are innocuous enough until they realise that their city is slowly gaining the interest of a large number of supervillains all of whom appear to be in the employ of some major nemesis but they have no idea who or why their otherwise unremarkable city is being targetted.

      I've already mentioned the major bad guys I've been thinking about but I feel I ought to fine tune some of the opening ideas.

      The PCs if they team up under their patron's guidance gain a base, its cover will be as a rented property for students and the like hiding beneath it an antiquated base which is marked as a base for a long dead hero known as "The Light" their only physical contact with their patron is via another recruit named Naomi Tuarte who their research will only reveal that she was banned from competing in freestyle martial arts tournaments over two rather dubious drug charges.

      Still working on the rest but I was thinking of basing it on a Gotham City style backdrop but am looking at Colchester or perhaps even London as the actual location.

      Been watching too much Batman TAS and can't help liking the use of zeppelins and making their tech a little dated in appearance and this more a street level campaign.

      Of course this is where the players decide they're playing an offfshoot of the justice league!

      Anyway your thoughts on this would be welcome!