Re: [icons-rpg] Ran The Substitute (mostly)

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011

      This is my current version of the Twisted Earth Professor Pulse (not Dr. Pulse). He is an ex-hero forced to swear fealty to Pryde Academy.

      Because of that, unless specifically ordered otherwise, he doesn't want to hurt the PCs.

      The high wizardry is because he's (a) in his lab, (b) smart as all get out, and (c) up against some quite powerful and resourceful PCs.

      Professor Pulse

      Prowess 3
      Coordination 3
      Strength 6
      Intellect 9
      Awareness 6
      Willpower 4
      Stamina 10
      Determination *

      Force field 5 (can go to 9 but can't use Wizardry then)
      Strike 5
      Blast 6
      Flight 4
      Wizardry 9
      * Nullify
      * TK

      Tactics: creating a power is usually for nullification purposes

      Specialties
      Science master
      Tactics

      Aspects
      Cyborg arm, with attachments
      Genius intellect
      Both underworld and hero connections

      Challenges
      Enforced loyalty
      Untrustworthy mastermind
      Fearsome appearance

      The Wizardry should generate them some Determination points, too

      If they still need hints, anything their version of Dr. Bailey reveals as a weakness of his old suit or equipment will be true in some way for this one.

      On the Hope Prep layout--I think, having used them for a few sessions, that using outlined unfilled text on the character layouts is hard for these old eyes to read, especially on the powers. I'd go for some kind of fill that contrasts with the bars.

      When you're in the middle of an adventure, ease of reading becomes important.

      John
      On 2011-11-06, at 10:53 AM, John Dunn <john.dunn@...> wrote:

      Well, I know that *I* certainly appreciate it. So, thank you! But, ya know, I'm biased. :)

      -John Dunn
      www.meliorvia.com

      On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

      By the way, I mention these sessions not to get glory or fame, but to let Other ICONS fans, writers, and publishers see how someone is using their stuff.

      If the mentions are a nuisance, I won't do it (though I think James' writeups are amusing; maybe that's part of why he's Hugo-nominated and I'm largely unpublished.... (Whine, whine, whine))

      Heh. Glory or fame in role-playing ....

      John