Re: [icons-rpg] Ran The Substitute (mostly)

  • John Dunn
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011
      Well, I know that *I* certainly appreciate it. So, thank you! But, ya know, I'm biased. :)

      -John Dunn
      www.meliorvia.com

      On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

      By the way, I mention these sessions not to get glory or fame, but to let Other ICONS fans, writers, and publishers see how someone is using their stuff.

      If the mentions are a nuisance, I won't do it (though I think James' writeups are amusing; maybe that's part of why he's Hugo-nominated and I'm largely unpublished.... (Whine, whine, whine))

      Heh. Glory or fame in role-playing ....

      John

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2011

        This is my current version of the Twisted Earth Professor Pulse (not Dr. Pulse). He is an ex-hero forced to swear fealty to Pryde Academy.

        Because of that, unless specifically ordered otherwise, he doesn't want to hurt the PCs.

        The high wizardry is because he's (a) in his lab, (b) smart as all get out, and (c) up against some quite powerful and resourceful PCs.

        Professor Pulse

        Prowess 3
        Coordination 3
        Strength 6
        Intellect 9
        Awareness 6
        Willpower 4
        Stamina 10
        Determination *

        Force field 5 (can go to 9 but can't use Wizardry then)
        Strike 5
        Blast 6
        Flight 4
        Wizardry 9
        * Nullify
        * TK

        Tactics: creating a power is usually for nullification purposes

        Specialties
        Science master
        Tactics

        Aspects
        Cyborg arm, with attachments
        Genius intellect
        Both underworld and hero connections

        Challenges
        Enforced loyalty
        Untrustworthy mastermind
        Fearsome appearance

        The Wizardry should generate them some Determination points, too

        If they still need hints, anything their version of Dr. Bailey reveals as a weakness of his old suit or equipment will be true in some way for this one.

        On the Hope Prep layout--I think, having used them for a few sessions, that using outlined unfilled text on the character layouts is hard for these old eyes to read, especially on the powers. I'd go for some kind of fill that contrasts with the bars.

        When you're in the middle of an adventure, ease of reading becomes important.

        John