RE: [icons-rpg] Cover for the French edition

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 6, 2011
      Thanks for sharing that with the group.  It's really cool.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: wee_ree_cat@...
      Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 17:27:02 +0000
      Subject: [icons-rpg] Cover for the French edition

      I though I'd share the cover for the upcoming French release of ICONS. Sadly, I wasn't in the translation team (I really, REALLY wanted to, but they did it in-house and I'm still freelance, also I probably don't have enough street-cred yet in the French RPG circles)

      So, there.

      http://johndoe-rpg.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Iconscouv.jpg

      The artist is Greg "Lowfé" Guilhaumond.

    • wee_ree_cat
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 6, 2011
        No offense taken, I'm not the artist... As for the differences, yep, it's definitively not silver age.

        I wouldn't be surprised if with this serious cover, John Doe (the publisher) was trying to evoke a more "general super-hero" flavour instead of SILVER AGE SILLY ANTICS. But I really can't say.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2011
          John Doe informed me they were using Dan's art. They only re-did the cover.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 12 12:43 PM
            For those interested :

            As a follow-up to my original post, here are (finally !) some pictures of the French edition of ICONS.

            http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.407821729243760.121643.150304054995530&type=1

            I shouldn't be this excited since I already happily use it in English, but the fact is my girlfriend really needs it to GM SCION with rules she doesn't hate... and she doesn't read English. At least not well enough for a rulebook.

            She should try, though. That's mainly how I perfected MY English.
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 12 1:21 PM
              Thanks again for sharing this - that new artwork on the cover is really cool. Gives it a different vibe than the English version.

              jaerdaph

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 12 1:22 PM
                Oops one last question: who is the artist for the new cover?

                jaerdaph

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 12 2:00 PM
                  It's Grégory 'Lowfé' Guilhaumond.

                  His blog (in French) : http://doublegarga.canalblog.com/

                  Apparently, he does the colouring for Severed, an Image Comics production.