A Question about Sidekicks...

  • Colin T
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
      Has this been addressed at all?

      Have been looking at seeing how this works as I'm involved in an online Icons game and the character I'm playing survived a small plane crash where he was left in a coma and woke up with precognitive abilities.

      The crux is that he was sent back to pass a message to a specific hero and the way things are going I'm wondering whether I could get the heroine in question become his sidekick.

      Now the only real difference is that she only has one power which he shares namely Danger Sense unlike his which is +6 hers is +8 and I've modified the character so its now 45pts but was originally looking at the character as a backup then I wondered about sidekicks.

      Can you help?
    • Seamus
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
        While I don't think this has been addressed specifically, it's easy enough to work this sort of thing out in the crafting of the story.

        Use Compels and Aspects to make it work. "Hero A must always protect Sidekick B", "Hero A is always right, even when he's wrong" are a couple of examples.

        Keep in mind also that it might make for interesting storytelling if the sidekick is more powerful than the hero and the dynamic inverts periodically.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
          I don't think I've seen any specific rules for sidekicks. But which of these scenarios are we looking at?

          A PC acting as a sidekick of another PC?
          A PC acting as a sidekick to an NPC?
          An NPC acting as a sidekick to a PC?

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
            I'm thinking the new heroine being an npc sidekick to Troy since I'm trying to throw in a link between another PC's character with her as some of his background links her father (a retired former villain) to that character's guardian (better left unsaid).

            The former villain is overprotective towards his daughter as one of his aspects and also inclined to behave the same towards the other hero due his respective link since he sees them as trying not in their respective parent's path.

            However what I don't know is whether I should do this at all.