Re: [icons-rpg] ICONS: The End of an Era :(

  • Dr. Nuncheon
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 11, 2011
      On 10/11/2011 2:06 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka wrote:
      > We've just launched a line-wide ICONS sale, in honor of the New York
      > Comic Con (where I'm headed tomorrow) and the release of the AVENGERS
      > trailer -- the entire ICONS line is at least 25% OFF, with the core
      > book at Villainomicon on sale for more than that -- $7.50 each!
      >
      > -Gareth

      Just FYI: the Villainomicon price cut doesn't seem to have taken, it is
      still listed at $14.95 on rpgnow.com. (The main book is at $7.50 and
      all the adventures are discounted.)
    • Gareth-Michael Skarka
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 11, 2011
        Thanks for the heads-up. I went ahead and did it manually -- the
        price is reflected now.

        -Gareth

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 11, 2011
          Not my intention at all!!!! ICONS FOREVER!

          EXCELSIOR!!! :)

          jaerdaph

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 11, 2011
            On 10/11/2011 12:45 PM, jaerdaph wrote:
            > For the first time in well over a year for as long as I can remember (if ever), ICONS is not in the RPGNow Top 15 Products on the home page. :( It was a hell of an impressive run for a really great game!
            >
            > Congratulations and thanks again Steve, Gareth, Walt, Morgan, Dan and everyone else who gave us ICONS!
            >
            > Best,
            > jaerdaph

            It had a very good run--and may pop back up again. New Releases can
            help that.
          • warrenss2
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 14, 2011
              What?!?!?

              New... Release?!?

              Who?
              What?
              Where?
              When?

              LOL!!! And I just bought the hardcopy of the current version.

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 14, 2011
                New releases in the sense of new products for the line, not a re-do of the core rulebook.

                And the era is only defined by being in the RPGNow top 15; the line isn't ending.

                I am eagerly looking forward to Team-Up. I should preorder that, if one still can: I started the new job today, so I feel like I can order something as a celebration.

                John McMullen (Young old coot)
                jhmcmullen@...

                LOL!!! And I just bought the hardcopy of the current version.

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:
                > It had  a very good run--and may pop back up again. New Releases can
                > help that.

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 16, 2011
                  Another Fun ICONS Fact:

                  There hasn't been another RPG product to reach Gold Metal level in sales at RPGNow since ICONS made it to Popular GOLD Pick! ICONS in only one of 73 products to achieve this honor at RPGNow. http://www.rpgnow.com/metal.php

                  Hopefully this won't be as misinterpreted as the last one was. :)

                  jaerdaph
                • Charles Rice
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 17, 2011
                    Man.

                    Looking at that gold product list, 6 of those are RPGO products put together by Chris and Dom and myself.

                    I miss those days right now for some reason.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 17, 2011
                      just eyeballing it - looks like most of the Gold Medal products were from the D20 boom days.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 17, 2011
                        Not knocking anyone here...

                        I have read from some independent publishers a few years back that the metal ratings were neither as clear as they could be nor given as freely as the stated requirements might warrant. One hopes that's cleared up, now.

                        To be clear: this was about products that deserved a metal rating not getting it, never an undeserved rating.

                        Which also means congrats to all the ICONS folks!

                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 17, 2011
                          RPGObjects did some awesome d20 Modern support back in the day. Adamant too, as well as Ronin Arts. I always said 3PP did d20 Modern better than WotC - and WotC did a top notch job with d20 Modern. ;)

                          It would be interesting to see what those lists would look like today if Ronin Arts hadn't pulled out of RPGNow/OBS.

                          jaerdaph

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 17, 2011
                            Is Ronin Arts still operational? I thought they'd closed up shop and the guy running it is at SJG now?
                            And - yes - many congrats to ICONS for its Gold medal Status

                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "jaerdaph" <jjbardales@...> wrote:

                            > RPGObjects did some awesome d20 Modern support back in the day. Adamant too, as well as Ronin Arts. I always said 3PP did d20 Modern better than WotC - and WotC did a top notch job with d20 Modern. ;)
                            >
                            > It would be interesting to see what those lists would look like today if Ronin Arts hadn't pulled out of RPGNow/OBS.
                            >
                            > jaerdaph
                            >
                            > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Charles Rice <rpgchuck@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Man.
                            > >
                            > > Looking at that gold product list, 6 of those are RPGO products put together
                            > > by Chris and Dom and myself.
                            > >
                            > > I miss those days right now for some reason.
                            > >
                            > > On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 6:08 PM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > **
                            > > >

                            > > > Another Fun ICONS Fact:
                            > > >
                            > > > There hasn't been another RPG product to reach Gold Metal level in sales at
                            > > > RPGNow since ICONS made it to Popular GOLD Pick! ICONS in only one of 73
                            > > > products to achieve this honor at RPGNow. http://www.rpgnow.com/metal.php
                            > > >
                            > > > Hopefully this won't be as misinterpreted as the last one was. :)
                            > > >
                            > > > jaerdaph

                          • Charles Rice
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 17, 2011
                              Ronin Arts isn't making new books, but they pulled all their existing books from OBS/RPGNow for reasons I am not privy to.

                              You can still buy their PDFs direct from RA as well as at sites like Your Games Now.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 18, 2011
                                Aaaaaand ICONS is now back in the RPGNow top 15 with Gangbusters!
                                All is right in the world again. :)

                                jaerdaph