Panels & Pages

  • warrenss2
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
      I not quite sure I understand this correctly.

      Help me out here...

      A PANEL is basically a particular hero's (or villain's) turn to act.
      Ex - Blaster blast the villain. Blaster's PANEL. Right?

      I'm thinking that about 6 PANELS make a PAGE.

      Is that about right?

      Help!
    • Seamus
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
        Generally a panel equals one action. A page is one set of actions for all of the characters involved.

        Traditionally speaking, a panel is a turn, and a page is a round. Some characters may have abilities that allow more than one action per panel, but that's usually how it works.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
          Well, there are multiple characters, so a panel is one character's action. A page is like a turn: everyone acts, everyone gets a panel.

          It's kind of like a fight scene in a team book (and that helps me visualize why a character gets only one action in a turn): you see each member of the Avengers or the Justice League battling the hordes of skrulls or parademons. So the Martian Manhunter rips out the troop ship's engine, the Flash whips up a whirlwind, Green Lantern scoops up a bunch of them, and we see one panel of Batman warning them not to engage Darkseid directly.

          John