Re: [icons-rpg] Re: DC Adventures to ICONS Conversion?

  • Mike Olson
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2010
      Really? I'd say unofficial conversions are extremely likely to happen -- practically a guarantee. What's stopping people from doing their own write-ups? They've been doing them for years.

      --Mike

      On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:46 AM, dan <kryptonian700@...> wrote:
       This would be very cool yet unlikely to happen.

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy Brownell" <tommyb@...> wrote:

      > That said, let people settle into the differences between DCA and M&M2e and
      > I bet you see some unofficial conversions pop up like crazy.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
         icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Tommy Brownell
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2010
        I was gonna say the same thing, then assumed that he was actually replying
        to the original e-mail...=)

        I have no interest in DCA/M&M3...BUT...the character guides WILL be fodder
        for my conversions to either Marvel SAGA, BASH or ICONS no doubt.

        Really? I'd say unofficial conversions are extremely likely to happen --
        practically a guarantee. What's stopping people from doing their own
        write-ups? They've been doing them for years.

        --Mike

        On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:46 AM, dan <kryptonian700@...> wrote:

        This would be very cool yet unlikely to happen.

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy Brownell" <tommyb@...> wrote:

        > That said, let people settle into the differences between DCA and M&M2e
        > and
        > I bet you see some unofficial conversions pop up like crazy.

        01:35:00
      • Michael Taylor
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010

          > I have no interest in DCA/M&M3...BUT...the character guides WILL be fodder
          > for my conversions to either Marvel SAGA, BASH or ICONS no doubt.

          Oh, I've already started on BASH conversions! ;)

          But I have to say, having despised M&M for years, if the 3rd edition is like DCA it good actually be a superhero game I'd be willing to play...

        • Mike Olson
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
            DCA and M&M3 use the same game system. I.e., DCA already *is* M&M3.

            --Mike

            On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Michael Taylor <michaeltaylor1329@...> wrote:

            > I have no interest in DCA/M&M3...BUT...the character guides WILL be fodder
            > for my conversions to either Marvel SAGA, BASH or ICONS no doubt.

            Oh, I've already started on BASH conversions! ;)

            But I have to say, having despised M&M for years, if the 3rd edition is like DCA it good actually be a superhero game I'd be willing to play...

          • dan caithamer
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 6, 2010
              Alls I know is that with DC adventures and Icons Steve K is going to be getting lots of my dollar bills in the months to come. I am a sucker for super games . :))