Re: [icons-rpg] Waiting on my Hardcopy

  • Tommy Brownell
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2011
      Yeah, I don't see this...unless it's softcover AND black and white, I don't expect to spend anything less than $30 on new RPG books these days.

      Anything less than that is just a bonus.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2011

        That doesn’t excuse my going to Amazon instead of directly to Adamant. I feel guilty about going through third parties sometimes and feel that my money would do more good directly in the coffers of the publisher. That or a local shop.

        Yeah, I don't see this...unless it's softcover AND black and white, I don't expect to spend anything less than $30 on new RPG books these days.

        Anything less than that is just a bonus.

        > One question for Gareth: why are printed Icons books so expensive?
        > They're almost they same price as the WotC D&D hardcovers! Is this
        > because of low print run numbers pushing up the price per unit, the
        > relationship with Cubicle 7, or other factors?

        Because WotC's D&D hardcovers are artificially cheaper than usual, due
        to truly *massive* print runs (20K+ minimum).

        $30 for a 128-page full-color is fairly reasonable. (See for example,
        Paizo's Pathfinder adventure paths, which are $20 for 96-page full-
        color)

        -Gareth

        No virus found in this message.

      • Curt Meyer
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2011
          It would be nice if Adamant joined bits and mortar. Of course I'm buying ICONS books anyway.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Sep 2, 2011, at 6:13 PM, "Michael Hopcroft" <mhopcroft@...> wrote:

          That doesn’t excuse my going to Amazon instead of directly to Adamant. I feel guilty about going through third parties sometimes and feel that my money would do more good directly in the coffers of the publisher. That or a local shop.

          Yeah, I don't see this...unless it's softcover AND black and white, I don't expect to spend anything less than $30 on new RPG books these days.

          Anything less than that is just a bonus.

          > One question for Gareth: why are printed Icons books so expensive?
          > They're almost they same price as the WotC D&D hardcovers! Is this
          > because of low print run numbers pushing up the price per unit, the
          > relationship with Cubicle 7, or other factors?

          Because WotC's D&D hardcovers are artificially cheaper than usual, due
          to truly *massive* print runs (20K+ minimum).

          $30 for a 128-page full-color is fairly reasonable. (See for example,
          Paizo's Pathfinder adventure paths, which are $20 for 96-page full-
          color)

          -Gareth

          No virus found in this message.

        • Dr. Nuncheon
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2011

            On Sep 2, 2011, at 7:21 PM, Curt Meyer wrote:

            It would be nice if Adamant joined bits and mortar. Of course I'm buying ICONS books anyway.

            Free PDF copies

            Have you purchased a print copy of an Adamant release from your local game store?

            If so, Adamant Entertainment is happy to send you a free PDF copy of the product you’ve purchased. Just scan your receipt and email it to Adamant, and we’ll send you a link to a complimentary download of the product on PDF. We’ll also contact your local store and see if there’s anything we can do for them, as well!

            This offer is good for any Adamant product in print: Pathfinder releases, Savage Worlds releases, and ICONS!

          • Curt Meyer
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2011
              very nice. I'll copy this to the owner of the local game shop here. This may convince her to push icons.

              On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Dr. Nuncheon <drnuncheon@...> wrote:

              On Sep 2, 2011, at 7:21 PM, Curt Meyer wrote:

              It would be nice if Adamant joined bits and mortar. Of course I'm buying ICONS books anyway.

              Free PDF copies

              Have you purchased a print copy of an Adamant release from your local game store?

              If so, Adamant Entertainment is happy to send you a free PDF copy of the product you’ve purchased. Just scan your receipt and email it to Adamant, and we’ll send you a link to a complimentary download of the product on PDF. We’ll also contact your local store and see if there’s anything we can do for them, as well!

              This offer is good for any Adamant product in print: Pathfinder releases, Savage Worlds releases, and ICONS!

            • Gareth-Michael Skarka