Re: [icons-rpg] Threshold RPG

  • Mike Olson
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
      Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.

      --Mike

      On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

      I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.

      2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>

      Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.

      Best,

      Fabrício

    • Seamus
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
        I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:

        > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
        >
        > --Mike
        >

        > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>wrote:
        >

        > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
        > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I
        > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's
        > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've
        > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of
        > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
        > >
        > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
        > >
        > >> **
        > >>

        > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark
        > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
        > >>
        > >> Best,
        > >>
        > >> Fabrício

      • Cameron Mount
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
          I thought it seemed similar to something I've read, too, but I can't put my figure on which game. I've looked through dozens of rules-light games, free and paid, over the last few years so I can't remember what this reminds me off.

          On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:38, Seamus <sotp_seamus@...> wrote:

          I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.

          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:

          > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
          >
          > --Mike
          >

          > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>wrote:
          >

          > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
          > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I
          > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's
          > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've
          > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of
          > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
          > >
          > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
          > >
          > >> **
          > >>

          > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark
          > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
          > >>
          > >> Best,
          > >>
          > >> Fabrício

        • Seamus
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
            Suffice it to say, if the writer of this game starts making money on it, Margaret Weis may want to know.

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

            > I thought it seemed similar to something I've read, too, but I can't put my
            > figure on which game. I've looked through dozens of rules-light games, free
            > and paid, over the last few years so I can't remember what this reminds me
            > off.
            >
            > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:38, Seamus <sotp_seamus@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know.
            > > The setting seems ok.
            > >
            > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
            > > >
            > > > --Mike

            > > game. I
            > > that's
            > > I've
            > > kind of

            > > dark

          • Fabrício César Franco
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
              Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.

              Lost Fabrício
            • Seamus
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                You're right about the setting, but the mechanics are very close to Cortex, by Margaret Weis. There's some differences, but they're very similar.

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                > Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.
                >
                > Lost Fabrício

              • Fabrício César Franco
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                  Ah, I see. I've read Smallville, but it's not what I usually like. Too much teenage angst for my taste.

                  I like Margaret Weis on Dragonlance though. But it's totally different matter. :)

                  Best,

                  Fabrício