Re: [icons-rpg] Threshold RPG

  • Fabrício César Franco
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
      Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.

      Best,

      Fabrício
    • Cameron Mount
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
        I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.

        2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>

        Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.

        Best,

        Fabrício

      • Mike Olson

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
            I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:

            > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
            >
            > --Mike
            >

            > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>wrote:
            >

            > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
            > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I
            > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's
            > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've
            > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of
            > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
            > >
            > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
            > >
            > >> **
            > >>

            > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark
            > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
            > >>
            > >> Best,
            > >>
            > >> Fabrício

          • Cameron Mount
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
              I thought it seemed similar to something I've read, too, but I can't put my figure on which game. I've looked through dozens of rules-light games, free and paid, over the last few years so I can't remember what this reminds me off.

              On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:38, Seamus <sotp_seamus@...> wrote:

              I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.

              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:

              > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
              >
              > --Mike
              >

              > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>wrote:
              >

              > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
              > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I
              > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's
              > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've
              > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of
              > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
              > >
              > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
              > >
              > >> **
              > >>

              > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark
              > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
              > >>
              > >> Best,
              > >>
              > >> Fabrício

            • Seamus
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                Suffice it to say, if the writer of this game starts making money on it, Margaret Weis may want to know.

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

                > I thought it seemed similar to something I've read, too, but I can't put my
                > figure on which game. I've looked through dozens of rules-light games, free
                > and paid, over the last few years so I can't remember what this reminds me
                > off.
                >
                > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:38, Seamus <sotp_seamus@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know.
                > > The setting seems ok.
                > >
                > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
                > > >
                > > > --Mike

                > > game. I
                > > that's
                > > I've
                > > kind of

                > > dark

              • Fabrício César Franco
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                  Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.

                  Lost Fabrício
                • Seamus
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                    You're right about the setting, but the mechanics are very close to Cortex, by Margaret Weis. There's some differences, but they're very similar.

                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                    > Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.
                    >
                    > Lost Fabrício

                  • Fabrício César Franco
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                      Ah, I see. I've read Smallville, but it's not what I usually like. Too much teenage angst for my taste.

                      I like Margaret Weis on Dragonlance though. But it's totally different matter. :)

                      Best,

                      Fabrício