Re: [icons-rpg] Threshold RPG

  • daDiceGuy
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
      You can grab it here. http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=94529

      2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>

      I wish I could get a playtest version too (hint, hint) to give it a read and tell you.

      Some guys have all the luck, as once Rod Stewart sang. Lol.

      Fabrício

      --

      A good friend believes in you... even if it gets him eaten by a huge robot.

    • Fabrício César Franco
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
        Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.

        Best,

        Fabrício
      • Cameron Mount

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
              I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.

              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:

              > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
              >
              > --Mike
              >

              > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>wrote:
              >

              > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
              > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I
              > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's
              > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've
              > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of
              > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
              > >
              > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
              > >
              > >> **
              > >>

              > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark
              > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
              > >>
              > >> Best,
              > >>
              > >> Fabrício

            • Cameron Mount
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                I thought it seemed similar to something I've read, too, but I can't put my figure on which game. I've looked through dozens of rules-light games, free and paid, over the last few years so I can't remember what this reminds me off.

                On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:38, Seamus <sotp_seamus@...> wrote:

                I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:

                > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
                >
                > --Mike
                >

                > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>wrote:
                >

                > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
                > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I
                > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's
                > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've
                > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of
                > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
                > >
                > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
                > >
                > >> **
                > >>

                > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark
                > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
                > >>
                > >> Best,
                > >>
                > >> Fabrício

              • Seamus
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                  Suffice it to say, if the writer of this game starts making money on it, Margaret Weis may want to know.

                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

                  > I thought it seemed similar to something I've read, too, but I can't put my
                  > figure on which game. I've looked through dozens of rules-light games, free
                  > and paid, over the last few years so I can't remember what this reminds me
                  > off.
                  >
                  > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:38, Seamus <sotp_seamus@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know.
                  > > The setting seems ok.
                  > >
                  > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
                  > > >
                  > > > --Mike

                  > > game. I
                  > > that's
                  > > I've
                  > > kind of

                  > > dark

                • Fabrício César Franco
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                    Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.

                    Lost Fabrício
                  • Seamus
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                      You're right about the setting, but the mechanics are very close to Cortex, by Margaret Weis. There's some differences, but they're very similar.

                      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                      > Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.
                      >
                      > Lost Fabrício

                    • Fabrício César Franco
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                        Ah, I see. I've read Smallville, but it's not what I usually like. Too much teenage angst for my taste.

                        I like Margaret Weis on Dragonlance though. But it's totally different matter. :)

                        Best,

                        Fabrício