Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [icons-rpg] Threshold RPG

Expand Messages
  • Fabrício César Franco
    I wish I could get a playtest version too (hint, hint) to give it a read and tell you. Some guys have all the luck, as once Rod Stewart sang. Lol. Fabrício I
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
      I wish I could get a playtest version too (hint, hint) to give it a read and tell you. 

      Some guys have all the luck, as once Rod Stewart sang. Lol.

      Fabrício
    • daDiceGuy
      You can grab it here. http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=94529 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco ... -- A good friend
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
        You can grab it here. http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=94529

        2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>


        I wish I could get a playtest version too (hint, hint) to give it a read and tell you. 

        Some guys have all the luck, as once Rod Stewart sang. Lol.

        Fabrício





        --

        A good friend believes in you... even if it gets him eaten by a huge robot.


      • Fabrício César Franco
        Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it s too dark to me. I m much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes. Best, Fabrício Thanks, I
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
          Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes. 

          Best,

          Fabrício
        • Cameron Mount
          I m a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I think, so
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
            I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting. 

            2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
             

            Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes. 


            Best,

            Fabrício


          • Mike Olson
            Sounds interesting. I ll check it out. Thanks for the head s up. --Mike ... Sounds interesting. I ll check it out. Thanks for the head s up. --Mike On Fri, Sep
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
              Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.

              --Mike


              On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:


              I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting. 

              2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
               

              Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes. 


              Best,

              Fabrício





            • Seamus
              I m a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:
                >
                > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
                >
                > --Mike
                >
                >
                > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>wrote:
                >
                > >
                > >
                > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
                > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I
                > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's
                > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've
                > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of
                > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
                > >
                > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
                > >
                > >> **
                > >>
                > >>
                > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark
                > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
                > >>
                > >> Best,
                > >>
                > >> Fabrício
                > >>
                > >>
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                >
              • Cameron Mount
                I thought it seemed similar to something I ve read, too, but I can t put my figure on which game. I ve looked through dozens of rules-light games, free and
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                  I thought it seemed similar to something I've read, too, but I can't put my figure on which game. I've looked through dozens of rules-light games, free and paid, over the last few years so I can't remember what this reminds me off.

                  On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:38, Seamus <sotp_seamus@...> wrote:
                   

                  I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know. The setting seems ok.

                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
                  >
                  > --Mike
                  >
                  >
                  > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>wrote:
                  >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
                  > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the game. I
                  > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and that's
                  > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games. I've
                  > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any kind of
                  > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
                  > >
                  > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>
                  > >
                  > >> **
                  > >>
                  > >>
                  > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too dark
                  > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
                  > >>
                  > >> Best,
                  > >>
                  > >> Fabrício
                  > >>
                  > >>
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  >


                • Seamus
                  Suffice it to say, if the writer of this game starts making money on it, Margaret Weis may want to know.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                    Suffice it to say, if the writer of this game starts making money on it, Margaret Weis may want to know.

                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > I thought it seemed similar to something I've read, too, but I can't put my
                    > figure on which game. I've looked through dozens of rules-light games, free
                    > and paid, over the last few years so I can't remember what this reminds me
                    > off.
                    >
                    > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:38, Seamus <sotp_seamus@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > I'm a little unsure so far. It seems VERY similar to another game I know.
                    > > The setting seems ok.
                    > >
                    > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Mike Olson <devlin1@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for the head's up.
                    > > >
                    > > > --Mike
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@
                    > > ...>wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > >
                    > > > >
                    > > > > I'm a little over halfway done reading through it. The mechanics seem
                    > > > > pretty simple, and unlike Fabricio, I like the darkner nature of the
                    > > game. I
                    > > > > think, so far, that the Regret mechanic is pretty interesting, and
                    > > that's
                    > > > > what sets it apart from some other similar styles of rules-light games.
                    > > I've
                    > > > > still got to finish reading through it and all before I come to any
                    > > kind of
                    > > > > conclusion, but so far it's fairly interesting.
                    > > > >
                    > > > > 2011/9/2 Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@>
                    > > > >
                    > > > >> **
                    > > > >>
                    > > > >>
                    > > > >> Thanks, I got it already. But, as I was talking to Seamus, it's too
                    > > dark
                    > > > >> to me. I'm much more into upbeat concepts of superheroes.
                    > > > >>
                    > > > >> Best,
                    > > > >>
                    > > > >> Fabrício
                    > > > >>
                    > > > >>
                    > > > >
                    > > > >
                    > > > >
                    > > > >
                    > > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    >
                  • Fabrício César Franco
                    Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series. Lost Fabrício Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                      Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.

                      Lost Fabrício
                    • Seamus
                      You re right about the setting, but the mechanics are very close to Cortex, by Margaret Weis. There s some differences, but they re very similar.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                        You're right about the setting, but the mechanics are very close to Cortex, by Margaret Weis. There's some differences, but they're very similar.

                        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > Which is the original game? I thought it was a mishmash from TV series.
                        >
                        > Lost Fabrício
                        >
                      • Fabrício César Franco
                        Ah, I see. I ve read Smallville, but it s not what I usually like. Too much teenage angst for my taste. I like Margaret Weis on Dragonlance though. But it s
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 2, 2011
                          Ah, I see. I've read Smallville, but it's not what I usually like. Too much teenage angst for my taste.

                          I like Margaret Weis on Dragonlance though. But it's totally different matter. :)

                          Best,

                          Fabrício
                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.