Regarding alternative forms of blinding specifically taste

  • Colin T
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2011
      I was wondering what if instead of obscuring your sense of taste it instead made it pick up something more specific like almonds for example which is supposed ot be away of identifying cyanide...
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2011
        Given it's such an situational and unusaul power, I'd allow it.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: colinfit20@...
        Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:28:32 +0000
        Subject: [icons-rpg] Regarding alternative forms of blinding specifically taste

        I was wondering what if instead of obscuring your sense of taste it instead made it pick up something more specific like almonds for example which is supposed ot be away of identifying cyanide...

      • Fabrício César Franco
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2011
          This is good for a villain - an assassin, more specifically.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: colinfit20@...
          Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:28:32 +0000

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2011
            Obscure info time: Apparently cyanide does not smell like that to everyone, only about half the population; to the rest of them, cyanide (the poisonous salt; I don't know about other forms) has little or no odor. Ran across that in a mystery novel; don't know if it's true, but it *sounds* true.

            Along with the fact in a Dashiell Hammett Continental Op story that not everyone can develop a resistance to arsenic, even when trying. (SPOILER: The story involved a dead couple, and the Op eventually figured out that the wife was trying to kill the husband with arsenic soaked off flypaper--but she hadn't built up a resistance, though she'd been trying, and the meal turned out to be the final meal for both of them. Always felt like one that had come out of Hammett's own detective experience.)

            John McMullen (Young old coot)
            jhmcmullen@...

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            From: colinfit20@...
            Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:28:32 +0000

            I was wondering what if instead of obscuring your sense of taste it instead made it pick up something more specific like almonds for example which is supposed ot be away of identifying cyanide...

          • Cameron Mount

              From: Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...>Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:52 AM

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: colinfit20@...
              Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:28:32 +0000

              I was wondering what if instead of obscuring your sense of taste it instead made it pick up something more specific like almonds for example which is supposed ot be away of identifying cyanide...

            • Hollis McCray
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2011
                On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 7:02 AM, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

                > Obscure info time: Apparently cyanide does not smell like that to everyone, only about half the population; to the rest of them, cyanide (the poisonous salt; I don't know about other forms) has little or no odor. Ran across that in a mystery novel; don't know if it's true, but it *sounds* true.

                According to the CDC it is.

                --
                Hollis McCray
                aka The Fifth Wanderer

                ascensionschild@...

                "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
                LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere