Re: Mundane Equipment

  • Seamus
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2011
      From where I sit, I'm not trying to make it about the argument. I'm sorry if it comes off that way. I realize it may very well look that way amid the flurry of arguments going back and forth.

      I thought this was about a rules question, so I try to follow the RAW as much as possible, and throw in interpretations where certain situations become unclear. Again, that's why I refer to the specific pages in the book whenever possible.

      When houseruling (or playing the game by slightly different rules), the most important question is why it's being done. If a rule is being used that doesn't make the game work better, or even makes it clunkier, then it might be beneficial to go back to the book.

      So my point is: Default to RAW. When that fails, tinker with the system, but keep an eye on balance.

      Sorry to seem argumentative. :)