Re: Point-Buy Character Creation

  • Steve Kenson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
      On Aug 1, 2010, at 7:56 AM, David Andrews wrote:
      Some powers are marked as "Double" meaning that using the Roll method, these
      powers occupy two "slots". In the point buy system, powers cost 1 point per
      level, do Double powers cost double as well?

      They don't by default (powers all cost the same: 1 point per level), although you can have them cost double if you prefer.

      Some powers grant Bonus Powers that occupy another power slot without
      needing to be rolled. How do Bonus Powers work in the point buy system? Do
      you just pay for them as a separate power?

      Essentially, yes. Much of what bonus powers are intended to do is irrelevant in the point-buy system, since you get to pick all your powers anyway. So you don't need the ability to swap random powers for themed ones that bonus powers gives you.

      So most "bonus" powers are just bought as additional powers for the usual 1 point per level. In cases where a bonus power is a modification to an existing power, like making a touch power work at close range without touching, treat it like increasing the power's cost per level by 1 (so from 1 per level to 2 per level for "base" power).

      That help?

    • David Andrews
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
        On 1 August 2010 17:15, Steve Kenson <stevekenson@...> wrote:

        That help?._,___

        Pretty much what I figured. I may make "Double" powers cost double as a house rule depending on the setting I'm using.

        ----
        Blog: http://blaster219.wordpress.com
        DeviantART: http://blaster219.deviantart.com

        "Heroes get shot, stabbed, burned, bludgeoned, poisoned, infected, disintegrated, irradiated, electrocuted, exposed to vacuum and fall from great heights. Being a hero is a tough job."
        - Alternity GMG, Chapter 6 (Damage and Injury)