Re: ION Guard

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010
      I hope folks enjoy it. ;)

      Colin

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

      > ION Guard, the first licensed product for Icons, is now live on RPGNow:
      >
      > http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=82674
      >
      > --
      > Hollis McCray
      > aka The Fifth Wanderer
      >
      > ascensionschild@...
      >
      > "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
      > LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere

    • MikeM
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010
        I plan on picking it up, but am still waiting for my copy of Icons :(

        I have only heard good things about it, so I am super excited for it to
        arrive.

        > ION Guard, the first licensed product for Icons, is now live on RPGNow:
        >
        > http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=82674
        >
        > --
        > Hollis McCray
        > aka The Fifth Wanderer
        >
        > ascensionschild@...
        >
        > "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
        > LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere

        02:34:00
      • David Andrews
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010
          I'm probably going to pick it up tomorrow when I have some money. It sounds interesting and I'm hoping I can use it to run a Cadet or Academy style game.

          ----
          Blog: http://blaster219.wordpress.com
          DeviantART: http://blaster219.deviantart.com

          "Heroes get shot, stabbed, burned, bludgeoned, poisoned, infected, disintegrated, irradiated, electrocuted, exposed to vacuum and fall from great heights. Being a hero is a tough job."
          - Alternity GMG, Chapter 6 (Damage and Injury)
        • Chris Tavares
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010

            I picked it up yesterday. Neat to see how much shorter the stat blocks are then the BASH version. Although the BASH ones weren’t that big to begin with. J

            There does seem to be an issue with the PDF, though – there’s a bookmark for “Front Cover”, but when I click on it nothing happens, and the first page is the inside cover, not the actual front cover. The actual content seems to be fine.

            -Chris

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 6, 2010
              Yeah, sadly this came to my attention about 10 minutes before I had to fly to Paris, but I'm back as of 20 mins ago. I'll be sorting the problem over the next few days. Must. Sleep. Now. Though.

              Colin

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 6, 2010

                Just say you’re returning from / recovering from / getting out from under the backlog from GenCon. That’s what everyone else in the game industry will be saying for the next three weeks. J

                Like I said, the content is just fine (and very good), just wanted you to know. As long as it gets fixed eventually I’m a happy camper.

                -Chris

                Yeah, sadly this came to my attention about 10 minutes before I had to fly to Paris, but I'm back as of 20 mins ago. I'll be sorting the problem over the next few days. Must. Sleep. Now. Though.

                Colin

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

                > I picked it up yesterday. Neat to see how much shorter the stat blocks are
                > then the BASH version. Although the BASH ones weren't that big to begin
                > with. J
                >

                > There does seem to be an issue with the PDF, though - there's a bookmark
                for
                > "Front Cover", but when I click on it nothing happens, and the
                first page is
                > the inside cover, not the actual front cover. The actual content seems to
                be
                > fine.
                >

                > -Chris

              • Colin
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 7, 2010
                  A stop gap measure while trying to sort out the pdf glitch. Go here to get the pdf cover image:

                  http://img840.imageshack.us/i/ionguardpdfcover.jpg

                • superduper671
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 9, 2010
                    Were can you get a print copy, I don't want a pdf.

                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "MikeM" <m.morgado@...> wrote:

                    > I plan on picking it up, but am still waiting for my copy of Icons :(
                    >
                    > I have only heard good things about it, so I am super excited for it to
                    > arrive.

                  • Colin
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 9, 2010
                      The cover issue is now fixed. :)

                      Colin
                    • Colin
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 9, 2010
                        You can't get a print copy; it's currently only pdf, I'm afraid.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 9, 2010

                          I just re-downloaded, and this is independent confirmation that it is, indeed, fixed. Thanks!

                          -Chris

                            Colin, when should we expect the next installment of ION Guard?

                            On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Chris Tavares <cct@...> wrote:

                            I just re-downloaded, and this is independent confirmation that it is, indeed, fixed. Thanks!

                            -Chris

                              I know this is a bit of a non-answer, but I never tell folks anything about release dates until I'm absolutely sure they can be met. I really don't want to fall into the typical rpg publisher trap. Suffice to say, it's moving along well, and all the art bar the pics of the various planets is done. I've also got a nice announcement to make r.e. ION Guard soon, so keep your eyes peeled. :)

                              Colin

                              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Curt \"Cripplepotomus\" Meyer" <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

                              > Colin, when should we expect the next installment of ION Guard?
                              >
                              > On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Chris Tavares <cct@...>wrote:
                              >

                              > > I just re-downloaded, and this is independent confirmation that it is,
                              > > indeed, fixed. Thanks!
                              > >

                              > > -Chris

                            • Michael Taylor
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 11, 2010
                                > I know this is a bit of a non-answer, but I never tell folks anything about release dates until I'm absolutely sure they can be met. I really don't want to fall into the typical rpg publisher trap. Suffice to say, it's moving along well, and all the art bar the pics of the various planets is done. I've also got a nice announcement to make r.e. ION Guard soon, so keep your eyes peeled. :)

                                I actually appreciate that a lot! I'd rather not hear about ANY product until it's available for sale!