Re: [icons-rpg] [Hope Prep] We Broke Even! Bundle

  • Curt Meyer
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2011
      I hope 3rd party companies like yours continue to support ICONS. If it has an Icons logo, I buy it. As far as production costs, consider Kickstarter.com. Just look up Gareth's Far West RPG to see the potential money to be raised.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Aug 1, 2011, at 11:36 AM, John Dunn <john.dunn@...> wrote:

      Yesterday something very exciting happened in the course of Melior Via's
      history. We have now sold enough copies of the Hope Preparatory School
      Freshman Handbook to cover our development costs. I guess since I'm
      admitting my excitement about this, it makes it pretty clear that none of
      our other products have gotten to that level of success yet, but the fact
      that one of them has is a major milestone for us.

      So, we decided that we need to do something to celebrate the success. I
      realize that one sale just ended, but I think we can still launch another.
      For the next week, there is a Hope Preparatory School bundle available
      through DriveThruRPG. It's priced at $5.00 and includes the Freshman
      Handbook along with the introductory scenario - Orientation. That's like
      buying Orientation and getting the Handbook for just a penny!

      Here is the direct links
      We Broke Even! ICONS Bundle
      http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=93548&src=ICONS

      This week is Gen Con - we look forward to a lot of great gaming at the show
      and hope to see folks who have enjoyed the Hope Prep setting. For those who
      can't attend, I hope you get a chance to get some games in at home.
      http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=93548

      -John Dunn
      http://www.meliorvia.com

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2011
        Congrats! Yeah, I picked those three Icons versions you have up yesterday as part of the RPGNow Christmas in July sale. I'm very happy that I did - I was very impressed with both the content and the artwork!

        I just finished watching all the X-Men: Evolution episodes and the kids and I are big fans of the movie Sky High, so this was something right up our alley.

        Best,

        jaerdaph

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, John Dunn <john.dunn@...> wrote:

        > Yesterday something very exciting happened in the course of Melior Via's
        > history. We have now sold enough copies of the Hope Preparatory School
        > Freshman Handbook to cover our development costs. I guess since I'm
        > admitting my excitement about this, it makes it pretty clear that none of
        > our other products have gotten to that level of success yet, but the fact
        > that one of them has is a major milestone for us.
        >
        > So, we decided that we need to do something to celebrate the success. I
        > realize that one sale just ended, but I think we can still launch another.
        > For the next week, there is a Hope Preparatory School bundle available
        > through DriveThruRPG. It's priced at $5.00 and includes the Freshman
        > Handbook along with the introductory scenario - Orientation. That's like
        > buying Orientation and getting the Handbook for just a penny!
        >
        > Here is the direct links
        > We Broke Even! ICONS Bundle
        > http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=93548&src=ICONS
        >
        > This week is Gen Con - we look forward to a lot of great gaming at the show
        > and hope to see folks who have enjoyed the Hope Prep setting. For those who
        > can't attend, I hope you get a chance to get some games in at home.
        > http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=93548
        >
        > -John Dunn
        > http://www.meliorvia.com

      • Icosahedrophilia
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2011
          Congratulations on the milestone, and thanks for the sale!

          On Aug 1, 2011, at 9:36 AM, John Dunn wrote:

[...]

          Chris Heard
          Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2011
            That's awesome. Well done guys!

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2011
              Congratulations!

              I'm going to see if a gift certificate or money is among my birthday gifts on Saturday. (I'm forbidden to buy anything for myself for a month before my birthday or Christmas.)

              Will this offer still be good in a week?

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 1, 2011
                Hey, everyone. I've noticed my GenCon gaming schedule is a little light. Therefore, I wanted to see if anyone would be down for a game or two of ICONS. I'm more than happy to run for an informal gathering. Fair warning: I tend to be a little fast and loose with rules. It's all about having fun. Let me know!

                Craig

                Sent from my iPhone
              • Jerry Lynch

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 1, 2011
                      Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. It's appreciated. We certainly wouldn't have met with any success without the fantastic support of gaming communities like the one here!

                      Regarding Curt's comment about Kickstarter - it's definitely something we're considering for one of our future projects. I wanted to at least have a few projects out there with the Melior Via brand before I reached out to the gaming world for crowd sourced funding. I felt we'd be more likely to meet with success in that matter if we had at least some reputation.

                      Regarding the sale - I'll be at Gen Con through the weekend. The bundles will be available until at least next Monday 8/8.

                      Good gaming!
                      -John
                    • Edward Lynch

                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 2, 2011
                            I'll be running the Whiteout! adventure on Thursday and Friday at 10:00 am.  If you buy a generic, there might be a no-show.

                            I'd be interested in doing some other ICONS gaming too.  My schedule is fairly full, but I've only got availability on Saturday afternoon, after 2:00.  Send me a private e-mail if you can pull a game together.

                            John Post

                          • Lynch
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 6, 2011
                              So how has the gaming gone this weekend? I still have yet to play anything, but am hoping to get into the games on demand in a couple of hours.