RE: [icons-rpg] I find myself wondering...

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
      I'm not sure people are saying the game is broken and I find a lot of the questions raised interesting.

      What does surprise me is how much interest there is in the point buy system. Personally I love the random system and the point buy seems very much like an after thought. If it came to it I'd still choose free form modelling over point buy.

      Still, if I were the Adamant I would take note of the fact that a good section of fanbase want a robust point buy system for Icons.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: yakkoman@...
      Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 08:25:41 -0700
      Subject: [icons-rpg] I find myself wondering...

      I'm just curious. It seems like almost every message I read from you is about how this part of Icons is broken, or that part needs house-ruling, or the other thing is redundant, or the way Icons handles such-and-such sucks ... It begs the question: Why do you bother with it? Surely, with all the superhero games on the market, there's got to be one that would suit you or your group better than Icons apparently does. I understand that the game isn't perfect ... but at what point does house-ruling change to, for all intents and purposes, designing a different game?

      So why do you play Icons?

      On 29 Jul 2011, at 14:26, Brandon Blackmoor wrote:

      On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:18 +0000, selphil@... wrote:

      > It seems redundant.

      It is redundant.

      Kind regards,