Editable character sheet

  • Fabricio
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 29, 2011
      Hello, there.

      (I'm a new player, so please forgive me if I write anything that has been discussed before).

      Does anyone know an editable character sheet that resembles the original one that we see in Icons rulebook or Adamant website? I know there's a PDF version over there, but I'm having problems in editing it. I'd like to have the same presentation as the rulebook to offer to my players.

      Thanks!
    • Cameron Mount
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 29, 2011
        If you have access to the image editing program GIMP, I have a version I imported into that and made text boxes and layers for. It's not the most user friendly thing out there, but it works.

        Best,
        Cameron

        On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 20:48, Fabricio <fabfranco@...> wrote:

        Hello, there.

        (I'm a new player, so please forgive me if I write anything that has been discussed before).

        Does anyone know an editable character sheet that resembles the original one that we see in Icons rulebook or Adamant website? I know there's a PDF version over there, but I'm having problems in editing it. I'd like to have the same presentation as the rulebook to offer to my players.

        Thanks!

      • Fabrício César Franco
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 29, 2011
          Cameron,

          I don't have GIMP here, but I could download it. I have the Cgeist7's Excel Sheets, but the output is too 'orange-y' to my tastes. I'd like to have a way to edit on the 'official' character sheet, if it was possible. I have perused the files section of the group, but there's no file that suits, unfortunately.

          Thanks for replying.

          2011/7/29 Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>

          If you have access to the image editing program GIMP, I have a version I imported into that and made text boxes and layers for. It's not the most user friendly thing out there, but it works.

          Best,
          Cameron

          On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 20:48, Fabricio <fabfranco@...> wrote:

          Hello, there.

          (I'm a new player, so please forgive me if I write anything that has been discussed before).

          Does anyone know an editable character sheet that resembles the original one that we see in Icons rulebook or Adamant website? I know there's a PDF version over there, but I'm having problems in editing it. I'd like to have the same presentation as the rulebook to offer to my players.

          Thanks!

          Twitter: www.twitter.com/fabfranco
          Blog: Logomaquia

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 29, 2011
            I don't know of an editable PDF version of the character sheet out there, but if you own the Icons Character Folio, you can create (or enter existing) characters into the program and generate character sheet PDFs similar to the ones in the core rulebook to print out: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=81907

            Even without this feature, the program is worth every penny.

            jaerdaph

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Fabricio" <fabfranco@...> wrote:

            > Hello, there.
            >
            > (I'm a new player, so please forgive me if I write anything that has been discussed before).
            >
            > Does anyone know an editable character sheet that resembles the original one that we see in Icons rulebook or Adamant website? I know there's a PDF version over there, but I'm having problems in editing it. I'd like to have the same presentation as the rulebook to offer to my players.
            >
            > Thanks!

          • Fabrício César Franco
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 29, 2011
              Jaerdaph,

              I wouldn't like to spend right now. If possible, I'd like to have a free editable sheet. Money's too tight, you know. But thanks, anyway.

              Fabrício

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 29, 2011
                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:
                >Money's too tight, you know. But thanks, anyway.

                Now that's something we can all understand, Fabrício. :)

                Best,
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 29, 2011
                  Though I love the folio, I understand. I'll look around; I might have found one.
                  I was playing with *something* editable for ICONS.

                  John McMullen (Young old coot)
                  jhmcmullen@...

                  Message 8 of 22 , May 3 6:31 PM
                    I have seen some very useful character sheets around, but is there an editable 'official' character sheet (like the ones used in the Core Book) in pdf format?

                    Fabrício Franco
                  • Cameron Mount
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 3 6:37 PM
                      Does the Character Folio use the official character sheet? I don't know because I use mine or the Magic Set Editor one I posted around last summer.

                      Message 10 of 22 , May 3 9:52 PM
                        Yeah, as one character sheet option, the Character Folio lets you generate an official ICONS-style character sheet complete with the red power level bars. It doesn't always format the text nicely, especially if you get a little wordy like I tend to do.

                        jaerdaph

                        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

                        > Does the Character Folio use the official character sheet? I don't know
                        > because I use mine or the Magic Set Editor one I posted around last summer.
                        >
                        > On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Fabricio <fabfranco@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > **
                        > >

                        > > I have seen some very useful character sheets around, but is there an
                        > > editable 'official' character sheet (like the ones used in the Core Book)
                        > > in pdf format?
                        > >
                        > > Fabrício Franco

                      • Fabrício César Franco
                        Message 11 of 22 , May 4 3:38 AM
                          Oops, I forgot to say: free editable character sheet, jaerdaph.

                          Fabrício Franco

                          Message 12 of 22 , May 5 11:27 AM
                            Come to think of it, I'm not aware of any free character sheets that let you type in and enter character info. If one were based off of the official character sheet, I'm not sure how easy it would be to set it up to generate the red power level bars anyway.

                            jaerdaph

                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                            > Oops, I forgot to say: *free* editable character sheet, jaerdaph. [?]
                            >
                            > Fabrício Franco
                            >
                            > 2012/5/4 jaerdaph <jjbardales@...>
                            >
                            > > **
                            > >

                            > > Yeah, as one character sheet option, the Character Folio lets you generate
                            > > an official ICONS-style character sheet complete with the red power level
                            > > bars. It doesn't always format the text nicely, especially if you get a
                            > > little wordy like I tend to do.
                            > >
                            > > jaerdaph

                          • Cameron Mount
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 5 12:05 PM
                              I made one that I put up in the files section. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sHilT75nDtJe3MNleMd_o6nIAr_uYw2KtJKyucdiJx6rm9jLSygiYTMbUK5u_imW64p9aM0ru7S5JTAnXKITaGaumomzVTzo/Play%20Aids/ICONS_form-fillable_character_sheet.pdf

                              It's nowhere near the official one, but it's form-fillable.

                              On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@...> wrote:

                              Come to think of it, I'm not aware of any free character sheets that let you type in and enter character info. If one were based off of the official character sheet, I'm not sure how easy it would be to set it up to generate the red power level bars anyway.

                              jaerdaph

                              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                              > Oops, I forgot to say: *free* editable character sheet, jaerdaph. [?]
                              >
                              > Fabrício Franco
                              >
                              > 2012/5/4 jaerdaph <jjbardales@...>
                              >
                              > > **
                              > >

                              > > Yeah, as one character sheet option, the Character Folio lets you generate
                              > > an official ICONS-style character sheet complete with the red power level
                              > > bars. It doesn't always format the text nicely, especially if you get a
                              > > little wordy like I tend to do.
                              > >
                              > > jaerdaph

                            • Cameron Mount
                              Message 14 of 22 , May 5 12:24 PM
                                Also, if anyone has the Magic Set Editor Program, I created a template for making character cards like the ones below.

                                http://dl.dropbox.com/u/883600/singularity_back.jpg

                                On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:
                                I made one that I put up in the files section. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sHilT75nDtJe3MNleMd_o6nIAr_uYw2KtJKyucdiJx6rm9jLSygiYTMbUK5u_imW64p9aM0ru7S5JTAnXKITaGaumomzVTzo/Play%20Aids/ICONS_form-fillable_character_sheet.pdf

                                It's nowhere near the official one, but it's form-fillable.

                                On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@...> wrote:

                                Come to think of it, I'm not aware of any free character sheets that let you type in and enter character info. If one were based off of the official character sheet, I'm not sure how easy it would be to set it up to generate the red power level bars anyway.

                                jaerdaph

                                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                                > Oops, I forgot to say: *free* editable character sheet, jaerdaph. [?]
                                >
                                > Fabrício Franco
                                >
                                > 2012/5/4 jaerdaph <jjbardales@...>
                                >
                                > > **
                                > >

                                > > Yeah, as one character sheet option, the Character Folio lets you generate
                                > > an official ICONS-style character sheet complete with the red power level
                                > > bars. It doesn't always format the text nicely, especially if you get a
                                > > little wordy like I tend to do.
                                > >
                                > > jaerdaph

                              • Fabrício César Franco
                                Message 15 of 22 , May 5 1:35 PM
                                  Cameron,

                                  I've just forgotten about Magic Set Editor! I have it here, somewhere. Is it possible to edit the origin, at the low right border too?

                                  jaerdaph,

                                  I've seen a pdf somewhere, which allowed us to to something like that, but I've lost the url of the website which could allow us to download it. (I hate when it happens!)

                                  2012/5/5 Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>

                                  Also, if anyone has the Magic Set Editor Program, I created a template for making character cards like the ones below.

                                  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/883600/singularity_back.jpg

                                  On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:
                                  I made one that I put up in the files section. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sHilT75nDtJe3MNleMd_o6nIAr_uYw2KtJKyucdiJx6rm9jLSygiYTMbUK5u_imW64p9aM0ru7S5JTAnXKITaGaumomzVTzo/Play%20Aids/ICONS_form-fillable_character_sheet.pdf

                                  It's nowhere near the official one, but it's form-fillable.

                                  On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@...> wrote:

                                  Come to think of it, I'm not aware of any free character sheets that let you type in and enter character info. If one were based off of the official character sheet, I'm not sure how easy it would be to set it up to generate the red power level bars anyway.

                                  jaerdaph

                                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                                  > Oops, I forgot to say: *free* editable character sheet, jaerdaph. [?]
                                  >
                                  > Fabrício Franco
                                  >
                                  > 2012/5/4 jaerdaph <jjbardales@...>
                                  >
                                  > > **
                                  > >

                                  > > Yeah, as one character sheet option, the Character Folio lets you generate
                                  > > an official ICONS-style character sheet complete with the red power level
                                  > > bars. It doesn't always format the text nicely, especially if you get a
                                  > > little wordy like I tend to do.
                                  > >
                                  > > jaerdaph

                                  .

                                • Ryan Blake
                                  Message 16 of 22 , May 5 2:37 PM
                                    Yes please I use magic set editor all the time and your template looks awesom!

                                    Sent from my iPad

                                    On 5 May 2012, at 21:35, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                                    Cameron,

                                    I've just forgotten about Magic Set Editor! I have it here, somewhere. Is it possible to edit the origin, at the low right border too?

                                    jaerdaph,

                                    I've seen a pdf somewhere, which allowed us to to something like that, but I've lost the url of the website which could allow us to download it. (I hate when it happens!)

                                    2012/5/5 Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>

                                    Also, if anyone has the Magic Set Editor Program, I created a template for making character cards like the ones below.

                                    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/883600/singularity_back.jpg

                                    On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:
                                    I made one that I put up in the files section. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sHilT75nDtJe3MNleMd_o6nIAr_uYw2KtJKyucdiJx6rm9jLSygiYTMbUK5u_imW64p9aM0ru7S5JTAnXKITaGaumomzVTzo/Play%20Aids/ICONS_form-fillable_character_sheet.pdf

                                    It's nowhere near the official one, but it's form-fillable.

                                    On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@...> wrote:

                                    Come to think of it, I'm not aware of any free character sheets that let you type in and enter character info. If one were based off of the official character sheet, I'm not sure how easy it would be to set it up to generate the red power level bars anyway.

                                    jaerdaph

                                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                                    > Oops, I forgot to say: *free* editable character sheet, jaerdaph. [?]
                                    >
                                    > Fabrício Franco
                                    >
                                    > 2012/5/4 jaerdaph <jjbardales@...>
                                    >
                                    > > **
                                    > >

                                    > > Yeah, as one character sheet option, the Character Folio lets you generate
                                    > > an official ICONS-style character sheet complete with the red power level
                                    > > bars. It doesn't always format the text nicely, especially if you get a
                                    > > little wordy like I tend to do.
                                    > >
                                    > > jaerdaph

                                    .

                                  • Cameron Mount
                                    Message 17 of 22 , May 5 3:18 PM
                                      Ryan, et al: I'll zip up the MSE files and the fonts it references (I think I only used Open Fonts) and post it to the yahoo group tomorrow. I'm on my way out to see Avengers.

                                      Fabricio: Yes, I'm pretty sure I left the origin as something you can change.

                                      On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Ryan Blake <dharma.bums@...> wrote:

                                      Yes please I use magic set editor all the time and your template looks awesom!

                                      Sent from my iPad

                                      On 5 May 2012, at 21:35, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                                      Cameron,

                                      I've just forgotten about Magic Set Editor! I have it here, somewhere. Is it possible to edit the origin, at the low right border too?

                                      jaerdaph,

                                      I've seen a pdf somewhere, which allowed us to to something like that, but I've lost the url of the website which could allow us to download it. (I hate when it happens!)

                                      2012/5/5 Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...>

                                      Also, if anyone has the Magic Set Editor Program, I created a template for making character cards like the ones below.

                                      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/883600/singularity_back.jpg

                                      On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:
                                      I made one that I put up in the files section. http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sHilT75nDtJe3MNleMd_o6nIAr_uYw2KtJKyucdiJx6rm9jLSygiYTMbUK5u_imW64p9aM0ru7S5JTAnXKITaGaumomzVTzo/Play%20Aids/ICONS_form-fillable_character_sheet.pdf

                                      It's nowhere near the official one, but it's form-fillable.

                                      On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM, jaerdaph <jjbardales@...> wrote:

                                      Come to think of it, I'm not aware of any free character sheets that let you type in and enter character info. If one were based off of the official character sheet, I'm not sure how easy it would be to set it up to generate the red power level bars anyway.

                                      jaerdaph

                                      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

                                      > Oops, I forgot to say: *free* editable character sheet, jaerdaph. [?]
                                      >
                                      > Fabrício Franco
                                      >
                                      > 2012/5/4 jaerdaph <jjbardales@...>
                                      >
                                      > > **
                                      > >

                                      > > Yeah, as one character sheet option, the Character Folio lets you generate
                                      > > an official ICONS-style character sheet complete with the red power level
                                      > > bars. It doesn't always format the text nicely, especially if you get a
                                      > > little wordy like I tend to do.
                                      > >
                                      > > jaerdaph

                                      .

                                    • Fabrício César Franco
                                      Message 18 of 22 , May 5 3:20 PM
                                        Cameron,

                                        Great! I'll be eagerly waiting for that upload. Meanwhile, have a nice film!

                                        .

                                        Message 19 of 22 , May 5 3:24 PM
                                          And I *knew* that too because I remember now playing around with it when you first were testing it out...

                                          My brain just doesn't fire on all cylinders like it used to. :(

                                          Sorry, man. It's a great looking character sheet too.

                                          Message 20 of 22 , May 5 3:26 PM
                                            Now that is really cool and fits my "index card" game style. Is this the program that I would need to use them?:
                                            http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

                                            Message 21 of 22 , May 5 3:29 PM
                                              Cool - that would be really great. Now go Assemble, Avenger!

                                              jaerdaph

                                              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

                                              > Ryan, et al: I'll zip up the MSE files and the fonts it references (I think
                                              > I only used Open Fonts) and post it to the yahoo group tomorrow. I'm on my
                                              > way out to see Avengers.
                                            • Cameron Mount
                                              Message 22 of 22 , May 6 7:58 AM
                                                Yes, that's the one.