RE: [icons-rpg] Initiative redux

  • Brandon Blackmoor
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2011
      On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:21 +0100, "Soylent Green" <gsoylent@...>
      wrote:

      > as I replied to your post that occurred to me for the
      > first time that maybe for some players the order they
      > get to act with respect to fellow players, i.e. there
      > may be an element of competition between players to
      > see who does better.

      I do not know if that is true for others, but it is not true of the
      people I play with.

      While we were discussing using Awareness and/or Coordination for
      determining initiative, one player put it like this (I am paraphrasing,
      but it was something like this):

      "Initiative doesn't exist for the *characters*. You can *say* everything
      happens at once, but the *players* can't all talk at once, and the GM
      needs a way to keep track of who is doing what. Initiative is just a
      mechanic to make playing and running the game smoother."

      As I mentioned before, I go by Awareness and then Coordination in case
      of a tie, but honestly, I think it would work just as well to go
      clockwise around the room.

      Kind regards,
      Brandon Blackmoor

      --